The Student Room Group

Do i need a new personal statement for Clearing?

Let's say I initially applied to UCAS early in the year with a personal statement for a Social Science course - Law.

However I want to apply for a STEM course (meeting entry requirements), do I need a new personal statement for the admission tutor?
Original post by McDonaldsEmploy
Let's say I initially applied to UCAS early in the year with a personal statement for a Social Science course - Law.

However I want to apply for a STEM course (meeting entry requirements), do I need a new personal statement for the admission tutor?

Probably not

BUT it's a good idea to draft at least some bullet points explaining what your motivations to study the new course are, anything you've enjoyed studying so far and what you're looking forward to studying in more detail.

That way if you get asked those questions on the phone you're better prepared and if a university does need a new PS then you've already got the bones of a new PS drafted so you can work it up into a proper statement quickly to email.

Hi,

You don't need to have a new personal statement when going through the clearing process. If anything further is required such as an interview or audition you will be told about this when you call up the University you are applying for.

Best wishes,
Dafydd

Hello,

You are not required to make a brand new personal statement for clearing applications, you will be fine submitting the one you initially used. However, if you so plan on changing subjects from law to stem it might be wise to tweak various sections, to highlight the new course decision.

Hope this helps,
Dom
Is there an echo in here?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending