The Student Room Group

Should I tell my girlfriend that I kissed one of my flat mates?

The other night I went out with my flat mates and at the end of the night I kissed one of them, we were very drunk and stopped once we knew what we were doing. We spoke about it in the morning and both agreed that it was nothing more than a drunk kiss and it meant nothing at all. My girlfriend means the world to me and I have never done something like this before, I can't stand losing her! Should I tell her what I've done ?

Scroll to see replies

Would you not want to know if this had been the other way around.
Reply 2
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Would you not want to know if this had been the other way around.

Yes that is very true, but do you think she would understand ? I couldn't lose her over something as silly as this.
You owe it to her to be honest, being drunk isn't an excuse in my book.
Reply 4
Sounds like you feel very guilty about what you did. I think in this case you may feel worse keeping it in. You probably should be up front with her because she could find out and being honest in a relationship is important.
Original post by BilBob123
Yes that is very true, but do you think she would understand ? I couldn't lose her over something as silly as this.

Maybe she won't, but that's not the point. She deserves to know :smile: Not telling her is worse.
The other night I went out with my flat mates and at the end of the night I kissed one of them, we were very drunk and stopped once we knew what we were doing. We spoke about it in the morning and both agreed that it was nothing more than a drunk kiss and it meant nothing at all. My girlfriend means the world to me and I have never done something like this before, I can't stand losing her! Should I tell her what I've done ?

Honestly, no. If it was silly drunken mistake that didn't mean anything serious, why upset her and hurt her feelings. She doesn't need to know. And it could have serious repercussions. You could split up, or forever have trust issues.
Reply 7
But this is killing me inside and I don''t know what to do. I think I will have to tell her, I can't lie to my girlfriend and I owe it to her to tell the truth otherwise I'm going against what I am.
Reply 8
Original post by 303Pharma
Honestly, no. If it was silly drunken mistake that didn't mean anything serious, why upset her and hurt her feelings. She doesn't need to know. And it could have serious repercussions. You could split up, or forever have trust issues.

I understand what would happened because of it but I have to tell her otherwise it goes against who I am.
I understand what would happened because of it but I have to tell her otherwise it goes against who I am.

Good luck then, I hope things work out ok, and she isn't too angry, hurt and disappointed.
Tell her the truth :smile: If the relationship is strong, she'll understand it's a mistake. You'll probably have lots of making up to do to show her you're sorry, but the truth is (almost) always the right way to go :h:

What she doesn't know won't hurt her....which it will if you tell her. Honesty is best in most situations not here I think. You could tell her and ends it due to 'cheating' she might dismiss it as a drunk kiss and "don't do it again" speech

I'd go with forget it and never ever do it no matter how drunk. I find this an awful ******** excuse. I've been drunk but never ever kissed or ****ed anyone, some do it with ugly people but no matter how much I drink my tastes do not decrease

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Yes
Original post by *SweaterWeather*
Tell her the truth :smile: If the relationship is strong, she'll understand it's a mistake. You'll probably have lots of making up to do to show her you're sorry, but the truth is (almost) always the right way to go :h:
No little white lies are part of relationships. Your going for a night out, "do I look good she asks". Sure, you look beautiful you respond, even though you really thinking she looks like sh!t. 100% honesty isn't always the right route.
Reply 14
Original post by UWS
Sounds like you feel very guilty about what you did. I think in this case you may feel worse keeping it in. You probably should be up front with her because she could find out and being honest in a relationship is important.

Definitely agree!
I suppose telling her would be the morally correct thing to do, especially if you are sitting there feeling guilty about it all day. Personally I would let it go, but that's just me. Do what you feel is best and try to make sure it doesn't happen again. Good luck.
Probably just don't tell her if it was just a lapse of judgement imo
If you tell her then at least do it in real life. Not by phone or text. Your apology won't sound as meaningful otherwise
Tell her.
Reply 19
You should tell her, The best thing you could do it be honest. It would be way worse if you didnt tell her now than later. The truth always come out, no matter what. She would try to understand even if it doesnt look like it at first.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending