The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MDouglas
Exciting :smile: good luck, I'm hoping to get mine sent off by this time next month, regarding the interviews I'm trying to think off them and feel confident, I can come across quite shy and quiet until I get to know people so I'm trying to feel confident about interviews so I can hopefully go into them without the nerves taking over as I don't want to be the quiet one they don't notice, how are you feeling about them?

I'm a bit like you in that I can come across as being very shy around people I don't know well. I'm very nervous but hoping that they won't let me down! Good luck for yours too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lilibet01
You can plagiarise your own work if you submit it for more than one assignment so PS's are probably different. However they will be checked and you would have to make sure that UCAS or the uni's knew that it was your original PS if there's a high percentage of similarity. Personally I wouldn't take the risk and completely rewrite it but use it as the framework for your new one.

I know you posted this awhile ago but you can 100% submit your own statement and not get any plagiarism on it. I did this with my own and got an interview & offer and am now in my 2nd year of nursing. As long as all your details match on your UCAS to the previous one submitted its fine.

Good luck on your applications/interviews with nursing everyone :biggrin: x
Original post by SarahLaura
I know you posted this awhile ago but you can 100% submit your own statement and not get any plagiarism on it. I did this with my own and got an interview & offer and am now in my 2nd year of nursing. As long as all your details match on your UCAS to the previous one submitted its fine.

Good luck on your applications/interviews with nursing everyone :biggrin: x

Thank you.

what branch of nursing are you studying? :smile: x
hi, I'm really nervous about applying, I'm applying to keele, Birmingham and Liverpool, fingers crossed
Original post by Olivia_lucas
hi, I'm really nervous about applying, I'm applying to keele, Birmingham and Liverpool, fingers crossed

Hi @olivia_Lucas,
I know exactly how you feel.

What experience have you got?x
Original post by futurechildnurse
Hi @olivia_Lucas,
I know exactly how you feel.

What experience have you got?x

i have experience in a primary school, ive also worked in a nursing home as volunteer work, ive applied at the hospital but i haven't heard back, im worried it won't be enough
how about you?x
i have experience in a primary school, ive also worked in a nursing home as volunteer work, ive applied at the hospital but i haven't heard back, im worried it won't be enough
how about you?x

I've done babysitting,youth volunteering,primary school,nursery,support worker for people with learning disabilities,currently getting ready to start volunteering next week on the mother and baby ward. I'm sure it will be enough x
I've done babysitting,youth volunteering,primary school,nursery,support worker for people with learning disabilities,currently getting ready to start volunteering next week on the mother and baby ward. I'm sure it will be enough x

That's great!! I hope it goes well! Good luck!
That's great!! I hope it goes well! Good luck!

Thank you,you too. I was lucky enough to be selected for selection days /interview,so fingers crossed for this year.x
Thank you,you too. I was lucky enough to be selected for selection days /interview,so fingers crossed for this year.x

thank you! thats awesome! congrats!! im sure you will, your experience is great! where have you applied? x
thank you! thats awesome! congrats!! im sure you will, your experience is great! where have you applied? x

Bournemouth,Anglia Ruskin,Birmingham city and uni of west London. X
Reply 71
Original post by elise68
I'm a bit like you in that I can come across as being very shy around people I don't know well. I'm very nervous but hoping that they won't let me down! Good luck for yours too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I've been trying to put myself in different situations that I wouldn't normally do to try and combat feeling nervous in these situations in the hope that if I'm lucky enough to be invited to interview the nerves won't be too bad, good luck :smile:
Thank you.

what branch of nursing are you studying? :smile: x

Im doing Adult but most of the time all the branches are together apart from clinical and placements :smile: x
Reply 73
Hi Im applying for childrens nursing in a couple of weeks! Does anyone know when we would get invited for interviews? My friend sent her PS in at the weekend and has 2 offers for history already, is Nursing that quick?!
Reply 74
Original post by kmjm
Hi Im applying for childrens nursing in a couple of weeks! Does anyone know when we would get invited for interviews? My friend sent her PS in at the weekend and has 2 offers for history already, is Nursing that quick?!

Hi good luck 😊

I believe it varies from uni to uni, some send out interview offers in batches and others wait until the deadline and then send out interview offers so there is really no way to predict

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 75
Original post by MDouglas
Hi is anyone applying or considering applying for children's nursing for Sep 2017?

Hi. I've just sent off my application on ucas this week. I can't amend my personal statement anymore of hange anything which is nerve racking! I'm currently at college on an access course to get me the grades needed to get into uni. 8I'm applying for September 2017 but won't etc my college grades until June 2017. So I'm nervous already as I need to pass my college course to meet the entry requirements for universities! Excited! Just hope I get invited for interviews and I pass the maths and English test.
Original post by JBowman
Hi. I've just sent off my application on ucas this week. I can't amend my personal statement anymore of hange anything which is nerve racking! I'm currently at college on an access course to get me the grades needed to get into uni. 8I'm applying for September 2017 but won't etc my college grades until June 2017. So I'm nervous already as I need to pass my college course to meet the entry requirements for universities! Excited! Just hope I get invited for interviews and I pass the maths and English test.

Good luck! Where have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just to reassure everyone, I got a place at uni for January 2017 children hospital with NO experience in any medical field. My only experience was as a mum and a TA.
I am pretty sure you will all get call for the exam so keep up with maths and the news.
Maths is the one than remove the more than 1/2 of candidate not passing!!!
Reply 78
Original post by JBowman

Hi and best of luck :smile: it's definitely an exciting but nervous process, I hope you manage to get what you need from your access course, I haven't sent mine yet as I have an induction at my local hospital for volunteering on Mon and I'm hoping to complete a couple of shifts to include in my statement before I send off, but it's nice to have this site so we can chat and support each other through the process
Reply 79
Original post by jujuinjuly
Just to reassure everyone, I got a place at uni for January 2017 children hospital with NO experience in any medical field. My only experience was as a mum and a TA.
I am pretty sure you will all get call for the exam so keep up with maths and the news.
Maths is the one than remove the more than 1/2 of candidate not passing!!!

Hi thank you :smile: Maths is the biggest concern for me so have been trying to brush up whenever I can

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending