The Student Room Group

UCAS - how to get them after school life?

I signed up for UCAS when I was in school probably around the age of 15 or something but I can't recall any of my login details (and possibly don't have anything on there as I didn't really care too much at the time).

Anyway I am 25 now and I am studying software development at university and occasionally I look for graduate jobs to see what is out there for me after I finish my degree. My problem is that some of these Jobs/Schemes require a certain amount of UCAS points, which I have none.

How would I get them as an adult as it seems like it mostly aimed at school students. It seems like I may be stuck but I was wondering if anyone has experience of getting them as an adult?

Thanks for the help
Reply 1
Call the recruitment team of the employers you are interested in and ask for advice. Yours isn't an unusual situation for mature students, and many employers will value your work/real life experience.
Best of luck
Reply 2
Original post by marple
Call the recruitment team of the employers you are interested in and ask for advice. Yours isn't an unusual situation for mature students, and many employers will value your work/real life experience.
Best of luck

Thank you for the advise, Marple :smile:
Original post by JoelWarb
I signed up for UCAS when I was in school probably around the age of 15 or something but I can't recall any of my login details (and possibly don't have anything on there as I didn't really care too much at the time).

Anyway I am 25 now and I am studying software development at university and occasionally I look for graduate jobs to see what is out there for me after I finish my degree. My problem is that some of these Jobs/Schemes require a certain amount of UCAS points, which I have none.

How would I get them as an adult as it seems like it mostly aimed at school students. It seems like I may be stuck but I was wondering if anyone has experience of getting them as an adult?

Thanks for the help

If you don't have the level 3 qualfications in question you are not going to get shortlisted ...

'UCAS points ' are known as such becasue it was UCAS that first promoted a 'qualification size' and grade weighted method of comparing different post 16 qualifications ...

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/getting-started/entry-requirements/tariff/tariff-tables
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by JoelWarb

Thanks for the help

Baby oil is not made from babies. You can use it whether you have a baby or not - it's just that if you do have a baby, it makes life easier. But you can use it for random things like cleaning if you wish.

Ucas points are the same. They're not made of ucas and you don't need a ucas to have them.

Ucas points are just gained for level 3 qualifications, such as A Levels and some BTECs. If you already have level 3 qualifications then great! You already have ucas points and just need to use a ucas point calculator to find out how many.

If not then you'll need to do some level 3 qualifications. You don't need to apply through ucas for this - same as you don't need to get pregnant to buy baby oil from Tesco. You could do a part time course or distance learning to gain the qualification
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
Baby oil is not made from babies. You can use it whether you have a baby or not - it's just that if you do have a baby, it makes life easier. But you can use it for random things like cleaning if you wish.

Ucas points are the same. They're not made of ucas and you don't need a ucas to have them.

Ucas points are just gained for level 3 qualifications, such as A Levels and some BTECs. If you already have level 3 qualifications then great! You already have ucas points and just need to use a ucas point calculator to find out how many.

If not then you'll need to do some level 3 qualifications. You don't need to apply through ucas for this - same as you don't need to get pregnant to buy baby oil from Tesco. You could do a part time course or distance learning to gain the qualification

Ah I see. I thought it was something you needed to link up with your school/uni.
Well that helps. Thanks even though it was a very strange way to answer :P
Reply 6
Original post by Juno

Haha this answer made me laugh so much I had to show my mum, she laughed too 😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending