The Student Room Group

Working with fresh food

Hi

Does anyone else work with fresh food where they have to get changed at work? Or work anywhere else where you have to get changed?

I know I'm being a bit silly, but I'm finding it a bit embarrassing having to get changed in front of other staff. Does anyone else find this?
Original post by Pseudo99
Hi

Does anyone else work with fresh food where they have to get changed at work? Or work anywhere else where you have to get changed?

I know I'm being a bit silly, but I'm finding it a bit embarrassing having to get changed in front of other staff. Does anyone else find this?

My ex-boyfriend used to have to do this. He used to go in a bit early so the place was a little quieter, or use a bathroom
Reply 2
Original post by chelseadagg3r
My ex-boyfriend used to have to do this. He used to go in a bit early so the place was a little quieter, or use a bathroom

Didn't you mind him having to get changed in front of others? My bf doesn't like me having to do it.
Didn't you mind him having to get changed in front of others? My bf doesn't like me having to do it.

Not at all. It was part of his job. I guess I can see why some people may be bothered by it, but I never felt it was a problem. You could always request seperate changing areas from your employer?
Hi

most food production environments require this , certainly actual 'production units' and commercial kitchens ... perhaps you need to revisit your food safety and infection prevention and control trainingit is also standard practice ( although enforcement is variable) in healthcare and various other production environments ( either very clean or dirty) if you work ina food factory you may find you have to change several times a shift ( cooked side vs raw side, exiting through the 'not for human consumption' areas , yard vs inside areas etc etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
I understand all that - I don't mind changing, but would at least like somewhere private where we're not all getting changed in the same room!
I understand all that - I don't mind changing, but would at least like somewhere private where we're not all getting changed in the same room!

Sadly I think it's something you'll just have to get used to. If there's a bathroom, see if you can use that. Did you share a changing room at school? It's no different if you did.
Reply 7
Original post by Edminzodo
Sadly I think it's something you'll just have to get used to. If there's a bathroom, see if you can use that. Did you share a changing room at school? It's no different if you did.

Can't change in a bathroom or toilet for hygeine reasons. At least at school we had proper changing rooms rather than changing in the staff room where everyone can see!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending