The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Bartlett Task Architecture UCL 2017

Have just received the task to be done..
A. Illustrate your mundane everyday routines in their spatial settings.
B. Illustrate your 6 best skills in action and in space (cooking, furniture making, typewriting, dancing, playing sports or musical instruments, robot making, mechanics…..etc).
C. Illustrate your world “upside down”.

Whichever theme you chose the drawings should be imagined from your everyday life, and not drawn from photographs. They should relate to a space, place or object in its context and should explore multiple points of view (visual and conceptual) at various scales.

The six drawings should consist of:

- 3 x 5 minute drawings
- 1 x 15 minute drawing
- 1 x 60 minute drawing
- 1 x 90 minute drawing

Anyone advice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EdelMu
Have just received the task to be done..
A. Illustrate your mundane everyday routines in their spatial settings.
B. Illustrate your 6 best skills in action and in space (cooking, furniture making, typewriting, dancing, playing sports or musical instruments, robot making, mechanics…..etc).
C. Illustrate your world “upside down”.

Whichever theme you chose the drawings should be imagined from your everyday life, and not drawn from photographs. They should relate to a space, place or object in its context and should explore multiple points of view (visual and conceptual) at various scales.

The six drawings should consist of:

- 3 x 5 minute drawings
- 1 x 15 minute drawing
- 1 x 60 minute drawing
- 1 x 90 minute drawing

Anyone advice?

I am waiting for this reply, I also got the task, i have no idea where to start! first time ever i am asked to prepare a portfolio....
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Ive received it a few hours ago, I may have a few ideas but its the standard of work that Im concerned about
Reply 3
same here! do you think we are allowed to draw people and the surrounding space around them?
its really vague
Original post by JasRS
same here! do you think we are allowed to draw people and the surrounding space around them?
its really vague

really vague
Reply 5
Omg I just got the email today and have until the 22nd! Super worried and confused! Have no idea where to start! Help?
I'm doing an art foundation at the moment and haven't applied yet. Hown come you all applied already? We haven't applied yet
yeah so i have also applied this year and got the same task, i dunno it is very vague, i took it to my art teacher and she also said it was vague

but kinda simple just draw what you do in every day normal life ( my chosen choice) such as washing your teeth, washing the dishes, bla bla bla. obviously the level needs to be ace it isn't intended for the normal artist the aim of this is to 'cherry pick' the best of the bunch here the bartlett is so well known.
I got my task last week! Im really struggling for interesting ideas and the standard in 5 minutes doesn't show what I can do..
Original post by james dv 1
yeah so i have also applied this year and got the same task, i dunno it is very vague, i took it to my art teacher and she also said it was vague

but kinda simple just draw what you do in every day normal life ( my chosen choice) such as washing your teeth, washing the dishes, bla bla bla. obviously the level needs to be ace it isn't intended for the normal artist the aim of this is to 'cherry pick' the best of the bunch here the bartlett is so well known.

Im doing the same task but with mundane tasks I really can't think of any "thoughtful" subjects which is what they've asked for...
Reply 10
May I ask do we have to produce 6 drawings on one theme? Or all 3 themes?
anyone done it yet
??????????????
I think I got assigned my task sooner than most people. It was due by nov. 2nd. I chose to do my world "upside down" since it seemed to be the most interesting and I figured mine might stand out a bit since I live in Miami and drew a few really Art Deco pictures. Still waiting to find out if they're making me an offer
(edited 7 years ago)
Same here, I did the upside down task- warping perspective with a bunch of mirrors in places around London. It was a pretty savage task to work with, but the other ones seemed dull
Original post by mrolegkorol
Same here, I did the upside down task- warping perspective with a bunch of mirrors in places around London. It was a pretty savage task to work with, but the other ones seemed dull

Yeah the other choices seemed off putting and I definitely didn't want to draw myself doing anything. I was wondering how far I could push my interpretation of upside down since it was in quotations and I didn't anticipate how hard it would be to make sure you couldn't just flip the page upside down and fail the entire task. I did one picture of the Miami skyline reflection upside down in an eye that I was really happy with. When did you submit yours?
I definitely had similar issues. I sent mine off in late october i think
Anyone get offered an interview yet? I saw a few people on another thread that did.
Original post by BradPrato
Anyone get offered an interview yet? I saw a few people on another thread that did.

Think we were the first group to be interview !
Reply 18
does anyone know when to expect to hear back from them after an interview?
Original post by AneAm
does anyone know when to expect to hear back from them after an interview?

After roughly 2 weeks according to their application guide

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending