The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2017 applicants & offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, I got an unconditional offer for law on the 11th October, sent off my application on the 29th September!!
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 21
Original post by emmaann24
Hey guys, I got an unconditional offer for law on the 11th October, sent off my application on the 29th September!!

Wow, Well Done! I applied and received an offer for Law today. Have you already sat your ALevels?
I got an unconitional offer about a week ago to study Theology and RS ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
*unconditional 🙄 (this doesn't bode well)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JrLeon
Wow, Well Done! I applied and received an offer for Law today. Have you already sat your ALevels?

No, I'm sitting them this year. Which makes the offer really tempting...
I've just applied earlier this afternoon for a MSci in Theoretical Physics. Does anyone on here have any idea how long I could be waiting for an offer?
Reply 26
Original post by froa98
Got on offer on the 14th for Politics & IR, (ABB) !

do you mind me asking how long it took for you to get an offer?
Reply 27
Original post by tg1998
do you mind me asking how long it took for you to get an offer?

4 days, My school sent my app off on the 10th & got one on the 14th.
Hey guys, how long did it take for your acknowledgement email to come through that your application had been received?
Original post by greys-anatomy
Hey guys, how long did it take for your acknowledgement email to come through that your application had been received?

Less than 24 hours for me
Got one for biochem a few days ago. Unconditional if it's my firm.
Got an unconditional to study Law with French Law :biggrin:
Has anyone got offers if they applied with predictions below the entry requirements?
Reply 33
Did anyone get invited to a (Chemistry) applicant day?
Original post by haes
Did anyone get invited to a (Chemistry) applicant day?

I have! They haven't responded to my application yet though, other than to say it's been forwarded to the admissions tutor from the admissions team for further consideration. :/
Reply 35
Original post by Kenopsia
I have! They haven't responded to my application yet though, other than to say it's been forwarded to the admissions tutor from the admissions team for further consideration. :/

For chemistry? Have you chosen a date?
Same here! I was expecting an offer.. didn't know they did applicant days. Do you think it's necessary to attend, since they do say the meeting doesn't influence the offer? (I've been to UoB multiple times since I live in birmingham and my sixth form is very close by, so I don't think I'll gain anything from it tbh haha)
[QUOTE=haes;68192096]For chemistry? Have you chosen a date?
Same here! I was expecting an offer.. didn't know they did applicant days. Do you think it's necessary to attend, since they do say the meeting doesn't influence the offer? (I've been to UoB multiple times since I live in birmingham and my sixth form is very close by, so I don't think I'll gain anything from it tbh haha)

Yes! I've applied for chemistry + modern foreign language at UoB :smile: When I went on a campus tour a few weeks ago the guide said they weren't mandatory, but beneficial for you to go to. But chemistry is my 'fifth option' (I'm applying to medicine, including at UoB) so I don't know if I should bother going.
Reply 37
Original post by Kenopsia
Yes! I've applied for chemistry + modern foreign language at UoB :smile: When I went on a campus tour a few weeks ago the guide said they weren't mandatory, but beneficial for you to go to. But chemistry is my 'fifth option' (I'm applying to medicine, including at UoB) so I don't know if I should bother going.

Ah I get you.. If they're not mandatory I won't have much motivation to go, so I might wait to see if they'll give me an offer in the next few days and decline. Otherwise I guess I'll accept
Original post by CallumGill
I've just applied earlier this afternoon for a MSci in Theoretical Physics. Does anyone on here have any idea how long I could be waiting for an offer?

Got an offer for Theoretical physics and Applied maths.:smile: They have offer holder open days scheduled for physics applicants until the 7th of December (the first one being on wednesday). They're relatively fast but I got an email a few days before my offer that they might take longer than january to answer (but I guess not then :colondollar:)
Original post by IcedArizona
Got an offer for Theoretical physics and Applied maths.:smile: They have offer holder open days scheduled for physics applicants until the 7th of December (the first one being on wednesday). They're relatively fast but I got an email a few days before my offer that they might take longer than january to answer (but I guess not then :colondollar:)

Ohhh nice congratualtions :smile: How many days after you had sent your application off did they respond?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending