The Student Room Group

Been withdrawn from the course...advice?

Hi

I used to attend Middlesex uni and unfortunately i have been chucked out as i failed a module twice. I started year two in september and was sent on placement in my second week of uni. I completed my placement last week. I have been given a chance to appeal formally but i am not particularly hopeful, should i file an appeal.
Can anyone give me some advice on what to do for the future? i am feeling so low and useless that my dream job has been snatched away :'(
Original post by pepesilvia
Hi

I used to attend Middlesex uni and unfortunately i have been chucked out as i failed a module twice. I started year two in september and was sent on placement in my second week of uni. I completed my placement last week. I have been given a chance to appeal formally but i am not particularly hopeful, should i file an appeal.
Can anyone give me some advice on what to do for the future? i am feeling so low and useless that my dream job has been snatched away :'(

If you don't appeal this decision then you are accepting that you are not suited to the course. If you appeal, you will have a chance to explain any reasons which may have led to you failing twice, other grades you have achieved, placement achievements etc.. Things like testimonials from placement mentors can be valuable in these situations. There is, of course, no guarantee that you will be successful in appealing, but it would be silly not to try when you have got this far.
Hi

Go to talk to the Student Union/support services - were there reasons why you failed that could mitigate?
Original post by Muttley79
Go to talk to the Student Union/support services - were there reasons why you failed that could mitigate?

Hi
I ended an abusive relationship with my ex this year (4years psychological abuse). Also I have a history of depression too. While I can prove with my GP my medical history, I sorta dont know how to justify my relationship :s-smilie:
I will see how the appeal pans out (fingers crossed)
Original post by Charlotte49
If you don't appeal this decision then you are accepting that you are not suited to the course. If you appeal, you will have a chance to explain any reasons which may have led to you failing twice, other grades you have achieved, placement achievements etc.. Things like testimonials from placement mentors can be valuable in these situations. There is, of course, no guarantee that you will be successful in appealing, but it would be silly not to try when you have got this far.

Hi
Thank you for this post because honestly, I did not think of it that way. Although I feel so defeated, I will file the formal appeal and see how it goes. Being in the ward changes me so positively that I can't imagine doing any other job. Thank you for the advice
Hi
Thank you for this post because honestly, I did not think of it that way. Although I feel so defeated, I will file the formal appeal and see how it goes. Being in the ward changes me so positively that I can't imagine doing any other job. Thank you for the advice

Good luck - use the appeal to get something positive out of ending the abusive relationship. Get all the evidence you can and let them see you have moved forward and will be a different person now.
Original post by Muttley79
Good luck - use the appeal to get something positive out of ending the abusive relationship. Get all the evidence you can and let them see you have moved forward and will be a different person now.

I will stay positive despite this whole difficult year. thanks for the advice, appreciate it :smile:
Hi

We need some more details about the module you have failed to complete to the appropriate standard and the nature and magnitude of your unsatisfactory performance ( and did you improve on the second attempt )

we also need to know what advice you have had from the Student's Union and /or which ever of the Nursing Unions you are a member

if you have not sought that advice from the SU - why not ? If you aren't a memberof one of the unions - why not ?

you also need to consider are there any mitigating circumstances , health issues or other previously undisclosed material facts that may be of relevance ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending