The Student Room Group

Do you get questioned about your teacher reference in interviews?

It's just one part I'm worried about. Before my application was sent off my teacher let me read through the reference she wrote for me. In a paragraph about some extra-curricular activities I've done she has written that I am "accomplished in sports and music", but I said wouldn't say I'm that "accomplished", they're more of an interest and don't make up a large part of my extra-curricular. She had used the word interest before but changed it to accomplished because she felt the word was used too much already, and said not to worry as it's not likely they will really check up. Will they? Am I being too paranoid?
Reply 1
^^
Reply 2
erm no admissions tutors have to look over hundreds of applications and don't have the time to be checking whether what you said is actually true or not... stop worrying and just chill out ! @razaki
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by razaki
It's just one part I'm worried about. Before my application was sent off my teacher let me read through the reference she wrote for me. In a paragraph about some extra-curricular activities I've done she has written that I am "accomplished in sports and music", but I said wouldn't say I'm that "accomplished", they're more of an interest and don't make up a large part of my extra-curricular. She had used the word interest before but changed it to accomplished because she felt the word was used too much already, and said not to worry as it's not likely they will really check up. Will they? Am I being too paranoid?

If you do get an interview, they may ask questions about topics in your personal statement and reference. As long as you have some sports and music interests that you can talk about, one word won't make much of a difference. If you do no sport or music at all then you should worry.
Reply 4
Original post by Juno
If you do get an interview, they may ask questions about topics in your personal statement and reference. As long as you have some sports and music interests that you can talk about, one word won't make much of a difference. If you do no sport or music at all then you should worry.

I see, that's ok then as I do some :smile: Thank you for the reply!
Reply 5
Original post by fefssdf
erm no admissions tutors have to look over hundreds of applications and don't have the time to be checking whether what you said is actually true or not... stop worrying and just chill out ! @razaki

Haha thanks, I'm more chill now!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending