The Student Room Group

Is this a DECENT EPQ title?

I want to do Law at Uni where there's a whole unit on Human Rights; so would "How have Human Rights developed in the UK?" be a good working title for my EPQ project?
Original post by hxfsxh
I want to do Law at Uni where there's a whole unit on Human Rights; so would "How have Human Rights developed in the UK?" be a good working title for my EPQ project?

Hi
It's a good title but it's too broad. You need a timescale to work with for your project to be manageable... so something like 'How have human rights developed in the UK since **** '. Also, are there any specific human rights your interested in? like women's rights maybe? Another thing...imo I would start with 'to what extent'. hope this helps :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kantth1
Hi
It's a good title but it's too broad. You need a timescale to work with for your project to be manageable... so something like 'How have human rights developed in the UK since **** '. Also, are there any specific human rights your interested in? like women's rights maybe? Another thing...imo I would start with 'to what extent'. hope this helps :smile:

Yeah I'm starting at 1100 CE, and its more how human rights have developed leading to the convention signed in 1998
Original post by hxfsxh
Yeah I'm starting at 1100 CE, and its more how human rights have developed leading to the convention signed in 1998

ah okay... I would probably put the timescale in the title
Original post by Kantth1
ah okay... I would probably put the timescale in the title

Yeah it is, I just didn't state that on here
Original post by hxfsxh
Yeah it is, I just didn't state that on here

That's fine then... you are good to go imo! :biggrin:
Reply 6
That's a very broad timescale. That's two or three books' worth of investigation, never mind an EPQ. You need to narrow it much further for it to be manageable.
Original post by giella
That's a very broad timescale. That's two or three books' worth of investigation, never mind an EPQ. You need to narrow it much further for it to be manageable.

As I have mentioned in an above post, its likely to be from 1130 CE to 1998, focusing mainly on the causes for development that eventually led to the UK signing the 1998 HRA.
Reply 8
Original post by hxfsxh
As I have mentioned in an above post, its likely to be from 1130 CE to 1998, focusing mainly on the causes for development that eventually led to the UK signing the 1998 HRA.

And I'm saying that's a very broad timescale. 868 years if I'm reading it right and I don't think you're going to get the level of precision in your inquiry that you need to do well on the EPQ.
Reply 9
If your focus is on the developments that led to the signing in '98 just make your timescale more recent. The previous 10 or maybe 50 years. You'll struggle just to fit that within the limits you have for the EPQ so you're doing yourself a favour.
Original post by giella
And I'm saying that's a very broad timescale. 868 years if I'm reading it right and I don't think you're going to get the level of precision in your inquiry that you need to do well on the EPQ.

Right. Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply

Latest