The Student Room Group

Worried TO THE MAX!

Hey guys,

So my course finishes in February & I will also be moving out of my apartment February.
My internship starts in May. So between February and May I WISH TO STAY IN LONDON.

I dont mind getting another (cheaper) place after February, but I wont have student finance so I need to work full time, do you guys think this is possible? To live alone in london and support yourself working in a normal job?

Please reply I do not know what to do...I keep thinking about the future.

Original post by Jason kelly
Hey guys,

So my course finishes in February & I will also be moving out of my apartment February.
My internship starts in May. So between February and May I WISH TO STAY IN LONDON.

I dont mind getting another (cheaper) place after February, but I wont have student finance so I need to work full time, do you guys think this is possible? To live alone in london and support yourself working in a normal job?

Please reply I do not know what to do...I keep thinking about the future.

Yeah its possible if you get a really cheap place - finding that place will probably be pretty difficult. And it also depends on how much you're earning from work. I mean my sister lives alone in a flat (which isnt as cheap as she would have liked but its a new-build so its kinda costly) but she's doing alright on her own. However she's earning around 30k a year so she's quite stable financially. She used to earn around 26k before and also got by just fine but she couldnt really save much bc of all the rent, water, electricity and gas bills. if you get a cheaper flat tho, i think you can get by for less but make sure youre earning a reasonable amount. It might be easier to just get a roommate so you can split the costs. Hope that helps and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending