The Student Room Group

Question: Should I include my A-Levels on my UCAS?

Basically i did a year's worth of AS levels after my GCSE's and failed them. U's. Im now studying an extended diploma BTEC and want to go to uni but on the application im not sure whether i should include this institute as its not like i got a worthwhile grade in the AS level qualifications i was studying. Thanks for help in advance!
Original post by steve_o_98
Basically i did a year's worth of AS levels after my GCSE's and failed them. U's. Im now studying an extended diploma BTEC and want to go to uni but on the application im not sure whether i should include this institute as its not like i got a worthwhile grade in the AS level qualifications i was studying. Thanks for help in advance!

Unless you want to risk applying with a fraudulent application then you MUST include all previous places of education and your AS results.

You have to declare all of your grades on UCAS.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Unless you want to risk applying with a fraudulent application then you MUST include all previous places of education and your AS results.

Will do then thx :smile:
And get your referee to explain why you got those grades and that you can do better! That's what I asked mine to do when I didn't get the grades I was hoping for.
Reply 5
Original post by SabbyCat
And get your referee to explain why you got those grades and that you can do better! That's what I asked mine to do when I didn't get the grades I was hoping for.

At the time, I thought a levels were the only way forward. It was then, as i struggle immensely with exams, that the schools career adviser sat down with me and pointed out BTEC as an alternative. I love programming and computers so I sat my first year exams expecting the worst and applied for a software dev course (completely unrelated to the 3 sciences and maths i did at AS) so i will till take you're advice even tho it may not apply to me as strongly as it may otherwise for someone else.
At the time, I thought a levels were the only way forward. It was then, as i struggle immensely with exams, that the schools career adviser sat down with me and pointed out BTEC as an alternative. I love programming and computers so I sat my first year exams expecting the worst and applied for a software dev course (completely unrelated to the 3 sciences and maths i did at AS) so i will till take you're advice even tho it may not apply to me as strongly as it may otherwise for someone else.

Yeah so you obviously love your course and really want to do it- that's what the admissions people wanna know. I agree with you about exams- they're evil, and if there was such a thing as a BTEC in English Literature, I would have done it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending