The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering Applicants - 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NeverLucky
Depends, everyone has different tastes :lol:

So no basically. what do u expect tho, its imperial.
Original post by Khanman123
So no basically. what do u expect tho, its imperial.

Well no, I was just implying that what one person might see as fit, another person might not. So someone might think every girl that goes there is fit whereas another guy might think that no one where is fit. It's just subjective really.
Original post by OfficialChemist
How many people of indian pakistani background are there roughly?

around 20-30 for 1st year imperial.
Lets not beat around the bush here. What everyone really wants to know is, are any of the girls at imperial fit?

at least they can get your science jokes
Original post by munchkin1212
I've got an interview for Loughborough on the 7th! Any advice??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do Loughborough interview all applicants?
Original post by lai812matthew
there are 5 bars around the campus??? and the sports centre is frekin large. plus you've got your halls, which is the place where most recreational stuffs taking place on. is there anything you specifically want? the quantity is actually alright, taking account of people like me who never uses those facilities. or maybe your visit is based mainly on the three buildings, which everyone else in imperial would get lost except chem eng + aero lol.

there's quite a lot of negative comments about the chem eng course at imperial-- lack of social life, lots of coursework, very competitive and hardworking atmosphere
would you say you agree with these comments /how has it been for you? any regrets about going to imperial?
Reply 746
Guys what's a better uni choice between Surrey and Lancaster ?? I got offers from both of them and I'm indecisive !!
Thanks xx
Anyone gt any good answers for "why chem eng?"

Money money

"I don't really want to do chemical engineering so I can get a job in industry that is relevant to my degree. I just want a well respected degree so I can go into finance, become rich and become the next US president just like Trump"
"I don't really want to do chemical engineering so I can get a job in industry that is relevant to my degree. I just want a well respected degree so I can go into finance, become rich and become the next US president just like Trump"

That will do, cheers.
That will do, cheers.

Seriously tho, you should know why you want to do the degree. If you're asking others how you should answer that fundamental question, you should consider whether the degree actually suits you or not.
Original post by Lola247
Guys what's a better uni choice between Surrey and Lancaster ?? I got offers from both of them and I'm indecisive !!
Thanks xx

applied to both and got offers from both today too! lancaster want abb and surrey aab, so depending on your grades you could decide from that? i would prefer surrey because it is closer to home and also closer to london
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 753
Original post by anoushab
applied to both and got offers from both today too! lancaster want abb and surrey aab, so depending on your grades you could decide from that? i would prefer surrey because it is closer to home and also closer to london

Congratulations! I was thinking of putting Surrey as my firm and Lancaster as my insurance ? But I'm also casually waiting to hear back from Loughborough 🙃. I heard that the Lancaster course only got accredited last year or so ? But it's also higher in the League tables on average????
Thanks!
Seriously tho, you should know why you want to do the degree. If you're asking others how you should answer that fundamental question, you should consider whether the degree actually suits you or not.

Well, they make quite a bit of money, but i doubt the interviewer wants to hear that.
Well, they make quite a bit of money, but i doubt the interviewer wants to hear that.

If that's your only reason for doing the subject, then don't and apply for something else. You're investing 3/4 years of your life into the degree and intrinsic motivation is essential in getting through it. That applies to every degree.
Please guys make sure you check the type of teaching etc before you make a decision.
Try to speak to people who attend the univeristy you wish to apply to, to gauge what it is like there.

I'm a first year at Manchester and the Labs are f*cking awful.
Original post by reginaph
there's quite a lot of negative comments about the chem eng course at imperial-- lack of social life, lots of coursework, very competitive and hardworking atmosphere
would you say you agree with these comments /how has it been for you? any regrets about going to imperial?

the majority of my mates think so, for me, the comments listed aren't a strong statement (i.e. there isn't a serious lack of social life, a hell amount of coursework) , and I don't regret it because that's exactly what i was expecting and wanted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well, they make quite bit of money, but i doubt the interviewer wants to hear that.

the o & g sector is in crisis atm for everyone who wants to earn money
If that's your only reason for doing the subject, then don't and apply for something else. You're investing 3/4 years of your life into the degree and intrinsic motivation is essential in getting through it. That applies to every degree.

Im just kidding brah. I like the maths, chem and physics aspect to it, and the idea of making stuff, but ive already put the main reasons why i want to study it in my PS

Quick Reply

Latest