The Student Room Group

Is the Medical University of Sofia better than the Medical university of Pleven ?

is the medical university of Sofia better than the medical university of Pleven to study at ? I mean this in terms of both facilities, the staff that teach students and the quality of medics produced. Websites i've viewed indicate so but i was wondering if any students who study at both institutions or have graduated from there could provide further insight ? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
is the medical university of Sofia better than the medical university of Pleven to study at ? I mean this in terms of both facilities, the staff that teach students and the quality of medics produced. Websites i've viewed indicate so but i was wondering if any students who study at both institutions or have graduated from there could provide further insight ? :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Proton01

Hey, I've been studying at Pleven since Feb! Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to give a personal perspective on Pleven
Reply 3
Original post by Abz1901
Hey, I've been studying at Pleven since Feb! Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be more than happy to give a personal perspective on Pleven

if you could i would really appreciate it mate ! thanks :P
Reply 4
Original post by Proton01
if you could i would really appreciate it mate ! thanks :P

Inbox me with any advice you need :smile:
Reply 5
Hey,I am a EU studen in my second year medicine student in Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski its reputation now a day is much better than sofia medical university. Ranking http://www.4icu.org/bg/You will sit for test in Chemistry and Biology in English language, the university takes 50 students every year, last year 150 students applied and only 50 with the best results of the chemisty and biology test was excepted.
Reply 6
What are the admission requirements?
Reply 7
Original post by Abz1901

Hi, I am planning to do medicine there (not sure if in Pleven)
What agency did you apply through?

Thank you
Reply 8
xxxxx
Reply 9
Original post by Maxqivst
Hey,I am a EU studen in my second year medicine student in Sofia University St. Kliment Ohridski its reputation now a day is much better than sofia medical university. Ranking http://www.4icu.org/bg/You will sit for test in Chemistry and Biology in English language, the university takes 50 students every year, last year 150 students applied and only 50 with the best results of the chemisty and biology test was excepted.

Hi max,
are there 2 medical colleges in sophia ie sohia university st klimet ohridski and sophia medical school or are they both the same???
Please can you tell me if the course is well organised and if there is any student support
thanks
Reply 10
Original post by ask123
Hi max,
are there 2 medical colleges in sophia ie sohia university st klimet ohridski and sophia medical school or are they both the same???
Please can you tell me if the course is well organised and if there is any student support
thanks

Hey did you get any info on Sofia university? Not the MU Sofia..
Are there 2 universities in Sofia teaching medicine in English?
Original post by AMR217
Hi, I am planning to do medicine there (not sure if in Pleven)
What agency did you apply through?

Thank you

Hey I just wanted to know that did you have an enterance exam? I am looking to apply for pleven medical college this year. I was suppose to go to Sofia but they have introduced an entery exam and it's just terrible.
hey guys :smile:
yes, there are two universities in sofia, in which you can study medicine, dentistry or other medical science.
the one is the medical university of sofia and the other one is called "saint climent's" university.
Original post by pennylupinus
hey guys :smile:
yes, there are two universities in sofia, in which you can study medicine, dentistry or other medical science.
the one is the medical university of sofia and the other one is called "saint climent's" university.

Did you consider Varna university?
Original post by Justthejob
Did you consider Varna university?

Well, to be honest... No, actually I didn't, but I don't know why. I guess I only thought about Sofia since it's the capital and I know people that live and study Medicine there. But, is Varna worth considering, in your orinion? Is it though to be better than Sofia?
Original post by pennylupinus
Well, to be honest... No, actually I didn't, but I don't know why. I guess I only thought about Sofia since it's the capital and I know people that live and study Medicine there. But, is Varna worth considering, in your orinion? Is it though to be better than Sofia?

I haven't been out there personally but planning to go hopefully for the open day, I've been doing a lot of research and really like what I've read about the university itself and the place, have a look at there website it's really informative and easy to navigate, it's my number one choice at the moment
Original post by Abz1901

Hey could you message me answers to these questions I have? I want to apply for Medicine in Pleven but I'm skeptical about the University:1) How is the overall studying of Medicine over there? How organised is it and how well is the curriculum in terms of studying it at Pleven?2) What are you enjoying so far at Pleven and what do you dislike so far?3) How is the city? The expenses, the lifestyle, the weather?4) What happens when students fail? Do they give them opportunities?

Reply 18
Original post by Hestalli

Hey could you message me answers to these questions I have? I want to apply for Medicine in Pleven but I'm skeptical about the University:1) How is the overall studying of Medicine over there? How organised is it and how well is the curriculum in terms of studying it at Pleven?2) What are you enjoying so far at Pleven and what do you dislike so far?3) How is the city? The expenses, the lifestyle, the weather?4) What happens when students fail? Do they give them opportunities?

This thread is a year old and that member hasn’t been online since December 2016.
Original post by Black Water
This thread is a year old and that member hasn’t been online since December 2016.

Well do you study Medicine in Pleven?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending