The Student Room Group

women store DNA of past lovers forever and pass them to offspring 0.o

so, studies have shown that women will have DNA from previous sexual partners forever and pass them on to their offspring, which I found kinda creepy, anybody have any thoughts on this ?

Scroll to see replies

Link ?
Better yet, a peer-reviewed study? :h:
it kinda makes sense... the ladies pick out the best bits and save them for later.
Reply 4
Original post by Ella-keturah
Link ?

http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/03/18/this-study-will-make-you-think-twice-about-who-you-are-getting-into-bed-with/
this is just a random link I found there are many more if you google them. I found this interesting as I never came across something like this before
Reply 5
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Better yet, a peer-reviewed study? :h:

a peer reviewed study would be fantastic because this is really really creeping me out lol just found an article that had a study inside it I've linked it though :smile:
Original post by spongmai
a peer reviewed study would be fantastic because this is really really creeping me out lol just found an article that had a study inside it I've linked it though :smile:

Okay lol, I'll have a look. :smile:
http://www.collective-evolution.com/2014/03/18/this-study-will-make-you-think-twice-about-who-you-are-getting-into-bed-with/
this is just a random link I found there are many more if you google them. I found this interesting as I never came across something like this before

Had a look, but the author's ********ting got on my nerves. Like all women are a carbon cut-out of her lol.
Sucks to be them ^_^

Hmm, and does this DNA have any impact on the woman? It didn't say they pass it onto their offspring. Do men store DNA from women they've had sex with too?
Also, I disagree with the female writer saying women give away sex 'freely' due to insecurities or to impress a man... maybe they just, you know, enjoy the pleasure from sex like men do.
Ha, so the guy's going to be inside her forever?
Reply 11
unless you link a published article then I don't really see how this happens or how it is passed on.
Reply 12
Original post by Ella-keturah
Hmm, and does this DNA have any impact on the woman? It didn't say they pass it onto their offspring. Do men store DNA from women they've had sex with too?
Also, I disagree with the female writer saying women give away sex 'freely' due to insecurities or to impress a man... maybe they just, you know, enjoy the pleasure from sex like men do.

Agreed, i think i read it in a different article that the dna is passed to her offspring and i read that it also affects the woman so she could have brain cells from that man for example, but i haven't done a great deal of research on this coz im revising for an exam lol, but i will defoz want to look into it more soon, and i haven't seen anything that says men store dna :/ but who knows, i really wanted to know what people think, or if others have more knowledge on this subject :smile:
Reply 13
ok so I found the article this post is based on
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16084184/

It seems there's other explanations as well as intercourse but I'm gonna read it later. Seems interesting

From what I can tell from looking at the conclusion section though it says nothing about passing this on to offspring? It is just some cells in the mothers blood, unless they can transfer across the placenta... which since they're already in such insignificant concentrations means nothing for the child.

Though I'm sure sexist men will use this as another "reason" to slut shame
(edited 7 years ago)
What are you talking about?

They can only be impregnated by one man.

One conception happens, by one mans sperm and her egg.

So the DNA is 50/50.
Reply 15
Original post by SaucissonSecCy

So the DNA is 50/50.

Hmm.. dunno because in some rare cases twins can be born with different dads if the woman has intercourse with two people in a short period of time 0.o
Original post by Moura
ok so I found the article this post is based on
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16084184/

It seems there's other explanations as well as intercourse but I'm gonna read it later. Seems interesting

From what I can tell from looking at the conclusion section though it says nothing about passing this on to offspring? It is just some cells in the mothers blood, unless they can transfer across the placenta... which since they're already in such insignificant concentrations means nothing for the child.

Though I'm sure sexist men will use this as another "reason" to slut shame

So the DNA is 50/50.

A woman's dna, is in every one of her cells, as is a man's. The implications of the research is pretty far reaching, even if none of the journals have dare touched it (which i can quite understand why)!
Reply 17

So the DNA is 50/50.

Yeah true dna is 50 50 but if the woman had dna from previous men, doe she pass that onto her kids? I havent found the answer but i would have thought that if a woman passes half her dna to her kid, and she has bits of another man, like ..... maybe it gets passed down. But thats my thinking... i could be completely wrong
So if she's white but she's been with a black guy and has a baby with another white guy it might have some black DNA?
120 women is not a large enough sample size to take this claim seriously.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending