The Student Room Group

What is the youngest age YOU can remember things from?

I can't remember a thing from been 4 or less.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I have a couple of memories from being 3, and maybe the odd one from being 2, but no younger than that :smile:
This might be bad but I can't remember anything below 5 years old. :colondollar:
I can remember the asthma attack and had in 2000 but nothing before then
Reply 4
I have trouble remembering what I had for breakfast today....
Reply 5
I have one or two odd memories from being two or three, a few little bits (mostly facts rather than memories per se) from between then and being eleven or so, and then pretty much nothing until I was seventeen.
A couple of more traumatic memories from age 3, but mostly age 4 and upwards.
I remember being a Sperm cell.
Original post by Bulletzone
I remember being a Sperm cell.

swimming to the egg :rofl:
I remember living in Scotland for the first few years of my life 4 years of age
Reply 10
4. Or maybe 3, not quite sure.
Original post by Tootles
I have one or two odd memories from being two or three, a few little bits (mostly facts rather than memories per se) from between then and being eleven or so, and then pretty much nothing until I was seventeen.

Original post by xobxo
I have a couple of memories from being 3, and maybe the odd one from being 2, but no younger than that :smile:

We learnt in psychology that you don't start making permanent memories until around 3. So doubtful you remember something from being 2.
i can remember some things starting from the age of 3, my sister was crying (she was around 1), and my mum was in the bathroom, so i picked my sister up and she was so heavy so i accidentally dropped her; my mum came in with a "omg why did you even just why" look
and ofc some other stuff during reception, year 1 and so on
^underlines -some-^
Original post by KyleH123
We learnt in psychology that you don't start making permanent memories until around 3. So doubtful you remember something from being 2.
What you learned in psychology is rooted in statistical analyses of a range of subjects, and is therefore a sample of cases, not the standard. In other words, yes: the average person might not form memories until around three (note the around in your own words, not at least), but certain cases are not average (neither above nor below it, simply not comforming to the usual pattern).

So you can stick your psychology; people remember what they remember, not what they're allowed to remember by what your silly teachers tell you they are.
Reply 14
Original post by KyleH123

Yeah, like I said I have an odd memory from being younger, odd being a faint one memory. Psychology counts for most cases yes but it is not set in stone and of course varies as ultimately everyone is different, so I'll stick to my original statement of having an odd memory from being younger than 3 :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by Tootles
What you learned in psychology is rooted in statistical analyses of a range of subjects, and is therefore a sample of cases, not the standard. In other words, yes: the average person might not form memories until around three (note the around in your own words, not at least), but certain cases are not average (neither above nor below it, simply not comforming to the usual pattern).

So you can stick your psychology; people remember what they remember, not what they're allowed to remember by what your silly teachers tell you they are.

Yes indeed, thank you!
Age 3
I remember moving house and a fireworks display when I was 3... apart from that not much before then... :frown:
Pensieves would be really useful...
crinkley bottom name cringe
3 because my younger brother was born on Christmas Day

Quick Reply

Latest