The Student Room Group

Part time job at Boots

Hey!
I'm interested in applying for a job at Boots. I just have a few questions for anyone who currently works at Boots or has tried to apply:
1) How did you apply? - I know it is possible to apply online, is that what most people do & is it compulsory? Or is it easier to just hand them your CV?
2) What sort of things did you put on your CV?
3) Do you enjoy working at Boots & what sort of stuff do you do?
4) What is the pay like?

Any tips or advice is really appreciated!!! Thank you :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
How would working at boots help your application for medicine?
Reply 2
I guess it's a sort of health-care based environment - more valuable than working at a supermarket or sports shop at least :smile:
Reply 3
I know it's not the same at all so probably not helpful but I did work experience with Boots. I was just on the shop floor, it was a really small store. It seems the people working there did the same as me ie went along with the scanner thing, updated the stock numbers, stacked shelves (that and grumbled about their pay). It was really boring and repetitive, but maybe it'd be more fun on the checkout. I did my work experience before I'd ever had a part time job and I was amazed by the amount of things that got stolen from that tiny shop.

Biggest downside to those couple of weeks was the amount of times the acetate 'out of stock' things went up my fingernails.
Original post by Sally.f
Hey!
I'm interested in applying for a job at Boots (mostly because I want to do medicine). I just have a few questions for anyone who currently works at Boots or has tried to apply:
1) How did you apply? - I know it is possible to apply online, is that what most people do & is it compulsory? Or is it easier to just hand them your CV?
2) What sort of things did you put on your CV?
3) Do you enjoy working at Boots & what sort of stuff do you do?
4) What is the pay like?

Any tips or advice is really appreciated!!! Thank you :smile:

I did a work experience at boots and it was so boring, (for me though). I did not enjoy that much but it was kind of good life experience...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Sally.f
I guess it's a sort of health-care based environment - more valuable than working at a supermarket or sports shop at least :smile:

Not really Lol
Volunteering at a care home would be better.
Reply 6
I already volunteer at a care home. I'm just looking for a part time job that's at least semi-related to healthcare. 🙂
Original post by Sally.f
I already volunteer at a care home. I'm just looking for a part time job that's at least semi-related to healthcare. 🙂

You on a gap year?
Reply 8
Original post by WhoDaresWins
You on a gap year?

No, L6
Original post by Sally.f
No, L6

Who told you working at Boots would look good for medicine?
Reply 10
No one. I just want a job. :biggrin:
It's not about looking good on an application & it's not about gaining loads of relevant skills for medicine.
I just thought that as I'm looking for a job, rather than going for something completely random I might as well choose something that has an element of healthcare (Boots is the 'leading pharmacy-led health & beauty retailer' in the country). :smile::smile:
Reply 11
Original post by pasiphae
I know it's not the same at all so probably not helpful but I did work experience with Boots. I was just on the shop floor, it was a really small store. It seems the people working there did the same as me ie went along with the scanner thing, updated the stock numbers, stacked shelves (that and grumbled about their pay). It was really boring and repetitive, but maybe it'd be more fun on the checkout. I did my work experience before I'd ever had a part time job and I was amazed by the amount of things that got stolen from that tiny shop.

Biggest downside to those couple of weeks was the amount of times the acetate 'out of stock' things went up my fingernails.

Haha!
Thanks for the reply! That's actually really helpful.
Hopefully actually working there is more interesting than your work experience sounds - at least there will be the incentive of money!! ££
Also, my local Boots is pretty big, so maybe that will make a difference??
Idk, I might look into some other options
What job are you applying for? Customer assistant?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending