The Student Room Group

Learn Direct Application Reference

Hello

Anybody else doing the open access course with them? So far found them to be good with communication but on the most important bit I'm left waiting :frown:

My application is ready to go but I can't submit without a reference from them. This was sent between Christmas and New Year to a specific email whilst I was on the phone to them but nothing back!! Called yesterday and told would pass message on to specific person but now i'm panicking with deadline looming.

Anybody else in the same boat and/or have some advice?
Original post by kgreen84
Hello

Anybody else doing the open access course with them? So far found them to be good with communication but on the most important bit I'm left waiting :frown:

My application is ready to go but I can't submit without a reference from them. This was sent between Christmas and New Year to a specific email whilst I was on the phone to them but nothing back!! Called yesterday and told would pass message on to specific person but now i'm panicking with deadline looming.

Anybody else in the same boat and/or have some advice?

Is there anyone else you know who could provide you with a personal reference?

Have you contacted your universities to explain the problems - they might be able to reassure you that they'll accept your application after the deadline.
Reply 2
I wasn't sure if at this level a personal reference would suffice? I can 1 person that would be ideal. I will give the Uni call though. Thank yoU!
I wasn't sure if at this level a personal reference would suffice? I can 1 person that would be ideal. I will give the Uni call though. Thank yoU!

That's useful information to tell your universities - hopefully they'll be able to reassure you either way and you'll get a clear steer on what to do about your reference.
Reply 4
Given them a call and they were most helpful! Submitted without a reference and LD can forward to them directly. Panic over! :smile:
Given them a call and they were most helpful! Submitted without a reference and LD can forward to them directly. Panic over! :smile:

Excellent news :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending