The Student Room Group

Is it time to walk away?

I don't really have anybody to talk to about this so having strangers input on this wouldn't really help me see things clearly. I've been with my 'boyfriend' since September 2015, and we have been talking since November 2014. So a pretty long time. Things started out great we never had any arguments and we got on amazing.. back to the current situation. For the past 6 months we have been fighting like crazy, calling each other all the names under the sun, and honestly I have no idea how I am feeling anymore. I feel very empty towards him and that I resent him. He recently got this new job and he's met this girl, she drives and has occasionally given him a lift home. I have no issue with this, but it's the fact that he kept it from me until I seen a message on his phone from her calling him darling and sending kisses. Also he deleted a message from her and he admits to deleting it as he didn't want me flipping out. ( I have very very bad trust issues due to being cheated on in another relationship), and today I found out that theyve recently became friends on facebook. He's became very distance with meand we are defo not as close as we first was.

Should I be more worried or is it normal? -may I also add that the texts on her phone wasn't about lifts related (which he said was the reason behind exchanging numbers), the messages were about her getting drunk(nye) and about how she was sick the next day. Nothing to do about driving at all.

If anybody can help me out I'd be grateful as it's messing with me so much. Is it time to walk away or am I being stupid?
Original post by nadiaobs
I don't really have anybody to talk to about this so having strangers input on this wouldn't really help me see things clearly. I've been with my 'boyfriend' since September 2015, and we have been talking since November 2014. So a pretty long time. Things started out great we never had any arguments and we got on amazing.. back to the current situation. For the past 6 months we have been fighting like crazy, calling each other all the names under the sun, and honestly I have no idea how I am feeling anymore. I feel very empty towards him and that I resent him. He recently got this new job and he's met this girl, she drives and has occasionally given him a lift home. I have no issue with this, but it's the fact that he kept it from me until I seen a message on his phone from her calling him darling and sending kisses. Also he deleted a message from her and he admits to deleting it as he didn't want me flipping out. ( I have very very bad trust issues due to being cheated on in another relationship), and today I found out that theyve recently became friends on facebook. He's became very distance with meand we are defo not as close as we first was.

Should I be more worried or is it normal? -may I also add that the texts on her phone wasn't about lifts related (which he said was the reason behind exchanging numbers), the messages were about her getting drunk(nye) and about how she was sick the next day. Nothing to do about driving at all.

If anybody can help me out I'd be grateful as it's messing with me so much. Is it time to walk away or am I being stupid?

Why did you type the word boyfriend like that? Are you not official?

And this girl is definitely into him.
Reply 2
Original post by cherryred90s
Why did you type the word boyfriend like that? Are you not official?

And this girl is definitely into him.

No we are official. Typed it like that as I'm not sure about anything anymore. I know she is, I know what girls are like and some girls don't care if they have a girlfriend or not. She literally texts him about random stuff which isn't normal if it's somebody who you are given a lift too
No we are official. Typed it like that as I'm not sure about anything anymore. I know she is, I know what girls are like and some girls don't care if they have a girlfriend or not. She literally texts him about random stuff which isn't normal if it's somebody who you are given a lift too

Well it doesn't sound like you're happy in the relationship. Do you still want to be with him?

Maybe tell him you're not comfortable with him talking to her
Yeah maybe talk to him and see if that improves the situation. But if he doesn't make you happy and your arguing quite a bit maybe you should take a break. If it was just a lift he wouldn't need to hide anything. I hate it when they don't tell us because "we might flip out" rather than jus apologising because you found out anyway. I mean it sucks but if you don't feel the same way as before, is the relationship the same as before? The worst thing is when your with someone but not fully with them, if you get what I mean. Hope this helped and feel free to message me if you wanna talk girl x
I can tell your young probably under 20, if someone make you happy significantly more than sad stay with them, if they make you sad/angry/unhappy more than happy leave them simple as really, you can always go on a break anyway. But plenty more fish in the sea, if your young you should be single really. I believe everyone will meet "the one". Being young you should be having fun with friends and working on your future not tied down in relationships. As your a girl as well being single is easy much harder the guy. As a bloke hates me to admit this but scientific research shows women are a lot more emotionally stronger lol.

I've been there done that, seems like the end of the world but you will move on quickly, do what makes you happy
Oh yeah and as a bloke behaviour sounds like he is defo cheating, you are not being paranoid trust your gut...I never do because love makes you stupid, but lifts and flirting he is trying to get his leg over or probably already has
Reply 7
I strongly suspect he's cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Go shout at him and cry on a friends shoulder. You'll feel way better than overthinking it for the next 12 months
Reply 9
Original post by cherryred90s
Well it doesn't sound like you're happy in the relationship. Do you still want to be with him?

Maybe tell him you're not comfortable with him talking to her

I am happy the majority of time with him. I'm just scared of getting cheating on again which makes me worried. i have made myself clear that i am not comfortable with him talking to her and he's made it clear that she is the one being inappropriate. i have also looked on his phone and they've only spoke one and he was being very blunt, e.g 'Okay i will let you know about the lift tomorrow' and her responding 'Okay darling, have fun xxxx'. Maybe I'm just overacting but personally its something about her which seems fishy
Original post by Amina190
Yeah maybe talk to him and see if that improves the situation. But if he doesn't make you happy and your arguing quite a bit maybe you should take a break. If it was just a lift he wouldn't need to hide anything. I hate it when they don't tell us because "we might flip out" rather than jus apologising because you found out anyway. I mean it sucks but if you don't feel the same way as before, is the relationship the same as before? The worst thing is when your with someone but not fully with them, if you get what I mean. Hope this helped and feel free to message me if you wanna talk girl x

Taking a break won't solve the issues
Reply 11
Original post by Amina190

We are currently talking about it, He's does make me happy but he also knows how to push my buttons which i know is normal. I have suggested a break to see how we feel after it but we both aren't keen on the idea as personally it won't be the same as before. He's said he's deleted a text because he told her he wasn't sure about where he was staying that night and he knew i would be pissed off about it. Exactly, if he's just came clean about a girl texting him i wouldn't of had a problem, it was just the fact that i see it on the phone and i was like why is she texting you kisses her and calling you darling. It has helped massively. Thank you x
You said you feel very empty towards him, doesn't that answer most of your questions?
And that girl is obviously trying it on with him, and he probably loves it. Sounds like the beginning of the end to me I'm afraid
Reply 13
Original post by jalby1992
I can tell your young probably under 20, if someone make you happy significantly more than sad stay with them, if they make you sad/angry/unhappy more than happy leave them simple as really, you can always go on a break anyway. But plenty more fish in the sea, if your young you should be single really. I believe everyone will meet "the one". Being young you should be having fun with friends and working on your future not tied down in relationships. As your a girl as well being single is easy much harder the guy. As a bloke hates me to admit this but scientific research shows women are a lot more emotionally stronger lol.

I've been there done that, seems like the end of the world but you will move on quickly, do what makes you happy

Im 18. He makes me happy but he knows exactly how to push my buttons which i know is typical in a relationship. i am a bit vary of going on a break as i personally think it will be harder to get back to how were were if we were to go on a break. I haven't really got many friends, Ive retook a Year in A-Level which means everybody my age is at Uni and i have drifted from many people over the years due to losing contact and not being involved in things so i rather be alone (Always have). It has only been the one lift where he spoke about me for the majority of the ride. I don't believe that he has done any cheating due to him spending the majority of his free time with me. We are both in college together so i see him 9-3 everyday, and then we both go gym until 6 and then he has dinner and does homework. He wouldn't have the time to see her throughout the week due to him always spending it with me. On the weekend he stays round mine and then i drop him to work and then he comes round mine once he has finished work. I just don't trust her even though i don't know her
Reply 14
May I add that I am his first ever girlfriend and he's a little bit socially awkward. It took him 10 months to realise that I was interested in him for him to realise. He's very oblivious when it comes to flirting and relationship stuff. He didn't do anything to provoke the situation with that girl but I'm confused to why she is trying to flirt with him when he has made it very clear that he has a girlfriend. She only gave him one lift home from work and then she has tried texting him on 4 occasions about stuff not relating work. 2 times he's replied but the other 2 he's not bothered.
We are currently talking about it, He's does make me happy but he also knows how to push my buttons which i know is normal. I have suggested a break to see how we feel after it but we both aren't keen on the idea as personally it won't be the same as before. He's said he's deleted a text because he told her he wasn't sure about where he was staying that night and he knew i would be pissed off about it. Exactly, if he's just came clean about a girl texting him i wouldn't of had a problem, it was just the fact that i see it on the phone and i was like why is she texting you kisses her and calling you darling. It has helped massively. Thank you x

Your welcome, but maybe he didn't come clean cuz he didn't think much of it and didn't want any more arguments. It clearly is bothering you tho but as you said he makes you happy most the times and every relationship has ups and downs so I guess maybe this time leave it and if it happens again then maybe .... I dunno... just do what you think is right since it's you in this situation Hun xx
Im 18. He makes me happy but he knows exactly how to push my buttons which i know is typical in a relationship. i am a bit vary of going on a break as i personally think it will be harder to get back to how were were if we were to go on a break. I haven't really got many friends, Ive retook a Year in A-Level which means everybody my age is at Uni and i have drifted from many people over the years due to losing contact and not being involved in things so i rather be alone (Always have). It has only been the one lift where he spoke about me for the majority of the ride. I don't believe that he has done any cheating due to him spending the majority of his free time with me. We are both in college together so i see him 9-3 everyday, and then we both go gym until 6 and then he has dinner and does homework. He wouldn't have the time to see her throughout the week due to him always spending it with me. On the weekend he stays round mine and then i drop him to work and then he comes round mine once he has finished work. I just don't trust her even though i don't know her

You'll make new friends at uni maybe leave him and smash your alevels I was 21when I went uni still made loads of friends who I still c and speak to even after graduating last yr and yool have more boys than u can shake a stick at interested in u lol. I dont think pushing buttons is a part of a relationship certainly not a good one. Is he distracting you from college is that y u retook a year? Instead of him supporting u from it and distracting u? In 2yrs u will look back and think what was I doing with him. Im quite a nice lad always been in relationships really but if hes under 21 hes going to want to shag around before settling down
Original post by Rock Fan
Taking a break won't solve the issues

Taking a break will make her realise what she's actually feels for him tho
Original post by AmanM7
Taking a break will make her realise what she's actually feels for him tho

Taking a break is basically like running away from the problems they never work, it is like a milder version of breaking up, either they talk about it or they call it quits, that simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending