The Student Room Group

Leeds University Adult Nursing 2017

Hi everyone, received an offer and just deciding to firm. Has a one else received an offer yet?

Jess x
Yeah I got an offer today.
just been having a look at accommodation and I don't even know where to start!
Reply 2
Well done! I rang accomdatiom and are only options are the tannery, oxley or lupton. The tannery is closest to the university so I'm applying there x
Just had a look at them online, the tannery definitely looks the nicest but its individual flats, I quite wanted to live with other people. Any idea why we can only choose from three? x
Reply 4
the tannery isn't individual flats, you share a kitchen and communal area with 6 people xx
Reply 5
Original post by jclappison12
the tannery isn't individual flats, you share a kitchen and communal area with 6 people xx

Also it's because we are on a nursing degree, they like to put nurses/midwives etc together so that there is less noise complaints and stuff from people who need to sleep cos there on an early placement etc x
Reply 6
I have my Leeds selection event on Wednesday and was wondering how you guys found it?? I'm unsure what the group interview entails?? Leeds is my top choice and would really love an offer, if anyone could help that would be great thanks x
Hey - it was really good. There was a group of about 30 of us so we were all in a room and were spoken to about the uni itself, the campus, the course etc. Then they split us in half and did a maths test which was 20 questions in half an hour, (you've got to get a score of 80% or above) and the other half went for a group interview where we watched a video and then had to discuss it in small groups while someone sat on the table with us, then they asked more direct questions about the role of a nurse, current issues etc. Then the groups swapped over and did the other task that they hadn't done. Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Okay that sounds good! Was the numeracy test difficult?? What sort of questions/topics did it involve? :smile: And thank you!
The numeracy test had everything in it that they sent out in the email except drug measurements and there were quite a few conversion questions from kg to g etc. There didn't seem to be a set of questions that had to be covered, it was more the answers that we gave led on to another question and I gathered that they really liked when we spoke about our person experiences.
Reply 10
Ah okay good, was worried something random would come up! I see, thank you so much!! :smile: :smile:
does anyone wait a make a Facebook group chat for adult nurses starting at leeds in september? x
Reply 12
Yeah someone should make a group chat!
Original post by nquinn98
Yeah someone should make a group chat!

Ill Make one now, 'Jessica Clappison" on Facebook, if you add me and tell me who you are, I ll add you to it xx
Ill Make one now, 'Jessica Clappison" on Facebook, if you add me and tell me who you are, I ll add you to it xx

Hiya, there are a few people that come up with your name? Just wondering if your
profile was the one that says that you work at a café? xx
Original post by Tanya Duerden
Hiya, there are a few people that come up with your name? Just wondering if your
profile was the one that says that you work at a café? xx

Yes it is xx
Right next to the tannery is accomadation called the foundry, it's absolutely stunning and brand new for 2017, it's not part of Leeds accomadation but you should look there too!

Hey could I be added to this group too sorry I'm a little late to the party 😬 Xx
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest