The Student Room Group

Academic Probation

Anyone that is currently in academic probation? Anyone that was? What happened? Did you pass it, did you not? Are there any tips that can make this situation a bit more easier for me?
Original post by blameitontiffany
Anyone that is currently in academic probation? Anyone that was? What happened? Did you pass it, did you not? Are there any tips that can make this situation a bit more easier for me?

What was the situation which led to this probation? Context might help you with a better answer.
Original post by Reality Check
What was the situation which led to this probation? Context might help you with a better answer.

By situation, I meant the probation itself. Just in case someone doesn't know, academic probation is when a student gets really bad grades. Usually a 0.00 GPA(If even possible)-1.99GPA.

I don't know why I get bad grades. I usually start really well but then, I would suddenly get lack of motivation, but, one that simply can't be ignored. I get really tired, and really forgetful. Also, I have this problem where I can't understand what I'm reading. I know what each word means but when I read normally it's as if I'm reading it and my mind isn't analyzing it...? I don't know how to explain it.
Reply 3
By situation, I meant the probation itself. Just in case someone doesn't know, academic probation is when a student gets really bad grades. Usually a 0.00 GPA(If even possible)-1.99GPA.

This is a US grading system which we aren't really familiar with in the UK. Any uni will set its own disciplinary rules, but if you're in the US we probably won't be able to help.

I don't know why I get bad grades. I usually start really well but then, I would suddenly get lack of motivation, but, one that simply can't be ignored. I get really tired, and really forgetful. Also, I have this problem where I can't understand what I'm reading. I know what each word means but when I read normally it's as if I'm reading it and my mind isn't analyzing it...? I don't know how to explain it.

Have you sought medical advice? That sounds like you maybe haven't slept properly for some time. You may have an issue which is affecting your ability to get proper refreshing sleep, which can badly impact your ability to concentrate and assimilate information.

do you also have any muscle weakness.
Original post by jonathanemptage
do you also have any muscle weakness.

No, I do not!
No, I do not!

I only ask because you mention your problem with tiredness and understanding the reading, and both those two things can be indicate muscular distrophy (which I have) but I still have good cognition.

I'd get checked out for the tiredness in particular it could just be a lack of iron so eat some steak or take some supplements or it could be a bit more serious good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending