The Student Room Group

Is 72/100 a good mark for an essay?

It's 'first class' but i'm still not happy with it...
Original post by GreekTea

Apart from scientific based exams, it's best to think that at university level that 100% is impossible to get because it's seen that an essay can never be perfect. Did you get any negative feedback that they said you should work on? If not then don't worry about it.

Why?
Original post by claireestelle
Apart from scientific based exams, it's best to think that at university level that 100% is impossible to get because it's seen that an essay can never be perfect. Did you get any negative feedback that they said you should work on? If not then don't worry about it.

1 spelling error and 1 use of Wikipedia for information.....
Original post by Reality Check
Why?

It just seems quite a far reach from 100 but i wouldn't expect 100 anyway.
1 spelling error and 1 use of Wikipedia for information.....

Well, work on using all academic sources and you could do better next time but honestly the highest essay grade I've ever come across was an 85 at university level, and 72 isn't that far off if you look at it that way.
Reply 6
72% is a good mark. To improve use websites, textbooks and journals. Work on your references. Use diagrams, hand drawn will be great, if you are a science student. Ask your lecturer for feedback on how to improve.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by claireestelle
Well, work on using all academic sources and you could do better next time but honestly the highest essay grade I've ever come across was an 85 at university level, and 72 isn't that far off if you look at it that way.

I got 63 in yr 1, 72 in yr 2 so maybe i'm on the right track. Thanks.

you certainly sound like you're on the right track :smile:
Talk to lecturers about how you can improve. I suspect their answers will be go significantly beyond the lecture material or look for novel arguments/ideas.

Yes you're definitely on the right track.
If you keep this up then you could end up with a first overall

What are you studying?
Most students, even extremely competitive ones, view anything over 75 as basically a 100 because of sheer and immense difficulty, sometimes impossibility of getting higher grades then those in an essay. Therefore, getting a 72 is a major indicator that your essay was very good.

Don't worry about it.
Original post by Channa Mereya
Yes you're definitely on the right track.
If you keep this up then you could end up with a first overall

What are you studying?

Graphics but my essay was on typography and communication with elements of politics and theories.
If you're in third year you should know by now that it's a good grade! 85 is the highest which is normally given out for essays because there is always room for improvement. So you're pretty close to that.
Reply 14
I got 72 first module 74 second module 93 third and forth module I am so gassed :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending