The Student Room Group

What age would you let your children...?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by georgiapullmanxx

I also think that technology is a detriment to childhood. How can you create fun memories by doing that?

Fun is subjective. My childhood friends were likeminded and we shared plenty of good times from this interest. I even felt others were missing out.
Reply 21
1. 13
2. 10, the future is technology
3. Probably when they're a baby, that's when i got mine done. If not then whenever they want
Make up 14
Technological device year 6/7
Ears pierced 16
Makeup: 16
Technological device/ smart phone: Year 7
Ears pierced: 16
Reply 24
Original post by harlowberry
1...Wear makeup?
2... Own a technological device?
3... Get their ears pierced?

1) If they really want to I'll teach them before I let them wear it out bc I ain't walkin round with a kid that be lookin like the mad hatter :colonhash:

2) Like year 10,

Spoiler

3) Whenever - I got mine pierced when I was a baby. I'd say 17 for things like belly button piercings, nose rings, tattoos etc. because if they get those young and they're still growing it would **** up right? or maybe im wrong. Either way I feel like a 15 y/o is too young to decide what body mods they wanna get and keep for life lol.
It used to be:

1) when they want
2) when they want
3) when they want

but now it's

1) Concealer till 16
2) 16
3) When I know they're ready to
Original post by Little Popcorns
Make up 14
Technological device year 6/7
Ears pierced 16

I was playing age of empires in year 2.

I don't see the harm in letting them play video games as soon as they are able. Denying them that is no different to denying them toys :-/
(edited 7 years ago)
1...Wear makeup?

1. whenever they feel ready. Will make them take good skincare every night tho.
2. Limited during childhood tbh. Would want them to experience the real world first and take them travelling around instead of being glued to a phone.
3. A piercing on each ear when they're around 2, and then will let them make their own decisions about it when they become an adolescent.
1...Wear makeup?

1. Secondary school
2. Secondary school
3. Months old
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
I was playing age of empires in year 2.

I don't see the harm in letting them play video games as soon as they are able. Denying them that is no different to denying them toys :-/
sorry are you part of a different convo?
Reply 30
1. 21
2. 21
3. 21

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest