The Student Room Group

Hate Valentine's Day

Can't walk up the high street without seeing valentine's day everywhere. Can't walk into a shop that doesn't have a valentine's day display. It's madness. Why can't couples just celebrate it in private without bothering everyone else lol. Can't even go on Google without being reminded of it. Or anywhere else on the internet for that matter.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I hate it too, but we just have to put up with it as you can't get away from it unfortunately
You and me both, OP. :tongue:
Original post by Leviathan1741
I hate it too, but we just have to put up with it as you can't get away from it unfortunately

Why do we have to put up with it though?
Let's have done with it I say!
Original post by sherlockfan
Why do we have to put up with it though?
Let's have done with it I say!

It's not going to go away just because we don't like it :no:

harmbeval.png
Can't walk up the high street without seeing valentine's day everywhere. Can't walk into a shop that doesn't have a valentine's day display. It's madness. Why can't couples just celebrate it in private without bothering everyone else lol. Can't even go on Google without being reminded of it. Or anywhere else on the internet for that matter.

Any particular reason why you hate it?x:smile:
valentines day doesn't have to be for couples.You can buy roses/chocolates for your parents, just as am buying chocolate for myself:u:
I don't mind Valentines day. Most of the time I just go out with friends! You guys should too. Keep yourselves surrounded by positive energy! :smile:
Original post by tamil fever
valentines day doesn't have to be for couples.You can buy roses/chocolates for your parents, just as am buying chocolate for myself:u:

I always buy myself chocolate!
I don't mind it. I don't bother doing anything myself but it doesn't really affect me. People can celebrate what they want and shops will sell what is in demand.
It's certainly very cringe and I don't know of any couples over the age of 16 who do the whole flowers, chocolates and romantic dinner on the 14th.
I just want to walk down the street without being reminded of it all the time. Im cool with couples celebrating, im celibate so I don't care. I just don't need it rubbed in my face.
I like the day, it seems pretty sweet and nice but just have no valentine....yet :tongue:
I can enjoy other holidays without having a significant other. It's pretty hard to do that with valentine's Day which is only for people in relationships really.
I can't exactly ignore it either. You go into a shop and the front display is fully dedicated to st valentine's. It's a meaningless commercial holiday.
im celibate so I don't care.

Certainly seems like you care.
Reply 16
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
It's certainly very cringe and I don't know of any couples over the age of 16 who do the whole flowers, chocolates and romantic dinner on the 14th.

That's what I want to do with my GF but she refuses!
I'm not a big fan, and my boyfriend claims to hate it, but it is the date he asked me out. We celebrate for the latter. :heart:
Original post by sinfonietta
I'm not a big fan, and my boyfriend claims to hate it, but it is the date he asked me out. We celebrate for the latter. :heart:

Did your boyfriend asking you out have anything to do with the fact that it was valentine's day by any chance? :lol:
Original post by Sabertooth
Certainly seems like you care.

I dont care if couples want to celebrate. I just wish the rest of us were left alone with it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending