The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Results day questions

I'm having a bit of a dilemma and I was hoping someone would be able to give me some insight/their opinion.
I have applied to uni for this yr 2017 and I have gotten some responses back. I applied to Portsmouth, keele, nottingham, Aston and east Anglia for a pharmacy course. I got offers from Portsmouth, Aston and Nottingham (i have a pending interview with east Anglia). My dream uni for pharmacy is Nottingham especially however they have given me a different course than I applied to (food and nutrition) but that's not what I want to do. This is now my dilemma. Should I firm one of the other unis (my second choice is Aston) but on results day if my grades are really good am I still able to call up Nottingham and see if they have any space on their pharmacy course. Or should I just wait till results day before making a decision. Or should I just go for Aston and forget about Nottingham because it may be too late. There's also the problem of accommodation and tuition fees, those are all things I'm worried about it I should to wait.
If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice it would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by thekittykat
I'm having a bit of a dilemma and I was hoping someone would be able to give me some insight/their opinion.
I have applied to uni for this yr 2017 and I have gotten some responses back. I applied to Portsmouth, keele, nottingham, Aston and east Anglia for a pharmacy course. I got offers from Portsmouth, Aston and Nottingham (i have a pending interview with east Anglia). My dream uni for pharmacy is Nottingham especially however they have given me a different course than I applied to (food and nutrition) but that's not what I want to do. This is now my dilemma. Should I firm one of the other unis (my second choice is Aston) but on results day if my grades are really good am I still able to call up Nottingham and see if they have any space on their pharmacy course. Or should I just wait till results day before making a decision. Or should I just go for Aston and forget about Nottingham because it may be too late. There's also the problem of accommodation and tuition fees, those are all things I'm worried about it I should to wait.
If anyone has any words of wisdom or advice it would be much appreciated.

Speak to Nottingham and see why you have been offered the alternative course. It's unlikely just due to grades - if they gave a conditional offer they wouldn't have to accept you if you didn't meet the required grades, and also the courses aren't really similar enough for that.. Once you know why they don't want you on the pharmacy course at the moment you can see what to do.
If it does turn out to be grades, then you can work hard in your exams and see if you can get the grades they want. The problem here is that they might then not have spaces through Clearing.
If it isn't just grades, you can see if it is something you can change. You might want to take a year out and reapply once you've improved your application.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending