The Student Room Group

Royal Household summer jobs 2017

So, has anyone applied for a summer job at Buckingham Palace this year?

I've applied for a retail assistant role, waiting to hear back!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've applied for the summer ticket sales assistant role at Buckingham palace and have my assessment centre on Monday. Hope all goes well for you.
I've applied for the summer ticket sales assistant role too! I have my interview tomorrow. How did it go for you?
Has anybody heard back yet?
Not yet, have you?
Hi everybody! I had an interview for a warden role two weeks ago, but I am still waiting to hear from them...fingers crossed and good luck!!
Reply 6
SaME
I have a telephone interview for The ticket selling role
Reply 7
Original post by RachelReid
I've applied for the summer ticket sales assistant role too! I have my interview tomorrow. How did it go for you?

Omg what kind of questions, I have my telephone interview soon
Original post by AqFary
Omg what kind of questions, I have my telephone interview soon

They ask you what you know about the Royal Household as an organisation.
Then stuff like why you want the job, what skills you have, an example of when you have given excellent customer service.

Mainly I think they want to see how good your communication skills are.
Don't worry, it's not bad at all, mine lasted about 10 minutes and the interviewer was lovely.

You should hear if you've progressed to the main interviews a week afterwards.

Good luck!
Original post by alicemarinelli
Hi everybody! I had an interview for a warden role two weeks ago, but I am still waiting to hear from them...fingers crossed and good luck!!

Ahh I thought you were meant to hear after two weeks? Mine was only a week ago but I think waiting longer than two weeks will kill me lol. Does anyone know when we're meant to find out?
Reply 10
They ask you what you know about the Royal Household as an organisation.
Then stuff like why you want the job, what skills you have, an example of when you have given excellent customer service.

Mainly I think they want to see how good your communication skills are.
Don't worry, it's not bad at all, mine lasted about 10 minutes and the interviewer was lovely.

You should hear if you've progressed to the main interviews a week afterwards.

Good luck!

Thanks! How did your main interview go?
Ahh I thought you were meant to hear after two weeks? Mine was only a week ago but I think waiting longer than two weeks will kill me lol. Does anyone know when we're meant to find out?

I really hope it won't take much longer...I can't wait to know the outcome of the interview!! :cry:
I had my interview also as a Retail Ticketing Assistant on 21st Feb and today is exactly 2 weeks from that date and I still haven't heard anything yet. I get nervous with every email! I have read other posts where people have not been offered the job but they were for Summer Warden which is different and makes me think maybe they had their interviews earlier. Best of luck and please let me know if you hear anything! They did say they would contact within 2 weeks so hopefully it will be today! They sure are cutting it fine! XX
I just found a link on their website where it says it can take up to a MONTH
https://www.royalcollection.org.uk/about/working-for-us/summer-jobs#/
Original post by SweetToothM
I had my interview also as a Retail Ticketing Assistant on 21st Feb and today is exactly 2 weeks from that date and I still haven't heard anything yet. I get nervous with every email! I have read other posts where people have not been offered the job but they were for Summer Warden which is different and makes me think maybe they had their interviews earlier. Best of luck and please let me know if you hear anything! They did say they would contact within 2 weeks so hopefully it will be today! They sure are cutting it fine! XX

I received an offer of employment a couple of days ago, but for a position as Warden ..I feel you, I was that nervous too, because people for the same position had already received a reply a few days earlier than me. So don't panic, I'm sure you're about to be contacted :smile: Best of luck, and let us know! :smile:
Original post by alicemarinelli
I received an offer of employment a couple of days ago, but for a position as Warden ..I feel you, I was that nervous too, because people for the same position had already received a reply a few days earlier than me. So don't panic, I'm sure you're about to be contacted :smile: Best of luck, and let us know! :smile:

Congratulations!!! I literally just rang them and they said due to a high volume of applicants this year, they said it will be within the next day or so... feel so nervous!! Thanks and I will let you know!!
Congratulations!!! I literally just rang them and they said due to a high volume of applicants this year, they said it will be within the next day or so... feel so nervous!! Thanks and I will let you know!!

Thank you so much!!! :biggrin: I'm nervous too actually, because they make you a conditional offer, which becomes unconditional after they check a lot of references and that procedure takes some weeks...so nothing is confirmed yet...
Anyway..fingers crossed and let's be positive! I hope to see you there in June! :smile:
Reply 17
Guys ive moved on to the the assessment centre at Buckingham Palace. How do I find this place, there are no maps to it? I know where the palace is but surely I would need to use a side entrance and not the main door??
Reply 18

What kind of questions did they ask, and did you have a group task? I have my interview on Friday!
Original post by AqFary
Guys ive moved on to the the assessment centre at Buckingham Palace. How do I find this place, there are no maps to it? I know where the palace is but surely I would need to use a side entrance and not the main door??

Congrats and good luck for your interview! There is a side entrance on the left side of the Palace (your left if you are in front of the building and looking at it) . You will notice it because there is a smaller gate with respect to those on the façade, and there are guards who will ask for your documents as you arrive :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending