The Student Room Group

In desperate words of relief

I'm in the middle of a pregnancy scare and I'm very very paranoid and probably for no reason. For the most of the time a condom was used except for literally less than a minute at the start. He didn't :innocent::innocent::innocent: inside or even in the condom at all however did :innocent::innocent::innocent: moments just before through oral sex so any pre :innocent::innocent::innocent: may have had live sperm however I did check to make sure he was dry (sorry for being gross) I feel like I'm experiencing early pregnancy signs but that could be me just worrying, I know I sound stupid but when I'm paranoid I'm very paranoid.
(edited 7 years ago)
Take a pregnancy test by going to your local pharmacy, Theyll help you out losts or go to a sexual clinic quickly and talk to someone professional
Original post by Sianna_west
I'm in the middle of a pregnancy scare and I'm very very paranoid and probably for no reason. For the most of the time a condom was used except for literally less than a minute at the start. He didn't :innocent::innocent::innocent: inside or even in the condom at all however did :innocent::innocent::innocent: moments just before through oral sex so any pre :innocent::innocent::innocent: may have had live sperm however I did check to make sure he was dry (sorry for being gross) I feel like I'm experiencing early pregnancy signs but that could be me just worrying, I know I sound stupid but when I'm paranoid I'm very paranoid.

I think we've all been there, so it's okay to be worried! Although it is actually much harder to get pregnant than most think, exceptions do happen, and I guess that is why you're freaking out. As you are aware, even that one minute of him being inside you COULD potentially lead to a pregnancy, no matter how unlikely this occurrence is.

What I would suggest doing is, if the unprotected sex happened within the last 5 days, you can still use emergency contraception - you can get it free by going to your GP or a sexual health clinic near you.

Also, if it was not so long ago, chances are that you a) wouldn't be having any sort of symptoms so early on, and b) most pregnancy tests wouldn't be able to pick a pregnancy up so early on because sufficient amounts of the chemical are not produced until a certain time. I know that's quite scary to find out, because then essentially you're waiting around worrying, but unfortunately that is true.

Sorry to be very blunt, but have you missed a period yet? Or is it just symptoms like sore boobs, nausea, bloating etc that are making you paranoid? Because like you said, the pure fact that you know there is a chance of pregnancy because of what you did with your partner, you might just be overly sensitive to looking for 'pregnancy symptoms', which can actually be symptoms of other things - PMS, tiredness etc.

I think to give you the best advice, I would need more details of when it happened/have you missed your period/are you on any other contraception etc (if you are fine sharing that, if not, go to the doctors/sexual health clinic and they'll be able to deal with the issue there). I'm a youth worker, who works around contraception and pregnancy a lot, so if you need to talk to someone to figure out what to do or to try help with your paranoia, feel free to respond to this or private message me! All the best x
Reply 3

what symptoms?
Reply 4
Thank you so much this really reassured me, I haven't missed a period yet I'm actually due on any time now so it is likely that the symptoms are for my period but I'll take a test to stop worrying as I'm not on the pill so even the smallest chance is scaring me x
Reply 5
Original post by XavierMyshkin
what symptoms?

Being tired often, feeling sick in the mornings I haven't had cramps or swollen breasts though
Reply 6
Being tired often, feeling sick in the mornings I haven't had cramps or swollen breasts though

Not everyone will have all symptoms. After 1 week if you are still getting these symptoms take a pregnancy test. Could be our period coming too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending