The Student Room Group

TSR's Got Talent: Entry, questions and chat thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Bugger, missed out. Been ill the past couple weeks so not been posting much. Kept up the Polish on my phone in bed but yeah, kinda let things slip in the TSR department. :colondollar:

Don't worry! Hope you're okay :hugs: your thread is still amazing!
Aannd we're done! Thank you to everyone that entered, there are some truly amazing ones there! Not going to tag you all again but yeah :smile: now for trying to judge them :erm: :lol: we'll try and get the results up in a week or so, so watch this space! :woo:
Okay I have to admit that I'd completely forgotten I'd not made the announcement here so sorry about that! Too much going on :colondollar:

Sooooo.... It will be announced this evening, as soon as I'm not on my phone! If I don't do it, you all have permission to poke me as hard as is necessary. Sorry!
Original post by furryface12
Okay I have to admit that I'd completely forgotten I'd not made the announcement here so sorry about that! Too much going on :colondollar:

Sooooo.... It will be announced this evening, as soon as I'm not on my phone! If I don't do it, you all have permission to poke me as hard as is necessary. Sorry!

Oooh can't wait - there were loads of great threads! :smile:
Announcement time... Drumroll please!

Myself, @AngryJellyfish and @BlinkyBill have been hard at work judging these, and definitely a decision to make! And ultimately, you've all made it too hard so we're going to give not five but seven prizes, and have not one but two winners :eek2: So, without further ado!

:king3: £5 vouchers will be given to... :king3:

Spoiler

:king2: £10 vouchers will be given to... :king2:

Spoiler

:king1: £25 vouchers will be given to the joint winners... :king1:

Spoiler

Thank you to everyone that took part, and well done! If you'd like individual feedback then let us know and we'll sort something (brief) out, particularly those of you with a prize. There were some amazing entries in there and it was very very hard to choose! We'll let you know how to get your prizes over the next couple of days or someone will PM each of you- if you've won and don't hear anything then give us a poke. Well done everyone! :biggrin:

Myself, @AngryJellyfish and @BlinkyBill have been hard at work judging these, and definitely a decision to make! And ultimately, you've all made it too hard so we're going to give not five but seven prizes, and have not one but two winners :eek2: So, without further ado!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you to everyone that took part, and well done! If you'd like individual feedback then let us know and we'll sort something (brief) out, particularly those of you with a prize. There were some amazing entries in there and it was very very hard to choose! We'll let you know how to get your prizes over the next couple of days or someone will PM each of you- if you've won and don't hear anything then give us a poke. Well done everyone! :biggrin:

Massive well done @Sabertooth and @SunlethSky! You both thoroughly deserve it! :h:

@furryface12 will there be another competition like this in the future? :smile:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

omg thanks everyone!!!!
Seriously well deserved winners but
but erm
@the beaɾ, y u no 1st place :cry:

I'd love to know which stories you liked the most!!! :smile:

Thanks so much for the competition and for reading my crap stories and yeah, was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the entries :lol:
:frown:
Original post by brainzistheword
Massive well done @Sabertooth and @SunlethSky! You both thoroughly deserve it! :h:

@furryface12 will there be another competition like this in the future? :smile:

I hope so! If there was one, what would you like to be the same/different, and what time of year do you think would be best to get most people involved?

Questions kind of aimed at everyone, but yeah :tongue:

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
omg thanks everyone!!!!
but erm

Thanks so much for the competition and for reading my crap stories and yeah, was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed the entries :lol:

It was meant to be about progression, but bear's thread was seriously impressive! So was yours :eek: that's quite a tough question about your stories though, they were amazing. Will have a think...
Original post by Conceited
:frown:

I loved your thread :toofunny:
:lovehug: When is your birthday? :beard:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

omg yay, thank you :woo::yay:
And well done to everyone else who entered :biggrin:
Actually shocked that @the bear didn't come 1st - I loved his thread so much :emo:

Congrats to all prizewinners!!! :congrats: :king1: :king2: :king3:
Thanks for the reward, and congratulations to all else who got a prize! Mind if I ask, when will the next TSR's got talent start and end?
I hope so! If there was one, what would you like to be the same/different, and what time of year do you think would be best to get most people involved?

It was meant to be about progression, but bear's thread was seriously impressive! So was yours :eek: that's quite a tough question about your stories though, they were amazing. Will have a think...

I'd love there to be another one and I don't see any reason to change the layout of it all. What about running it during the summer holidays or a time like that when people can maybe improve a skill that involves getting some fresh air, or maybe just even have more time to compete their blog, as exams will be out of the way for most :smile:

Anytime of year would be great though :tongue:

Just a thought, I'd totally be down with starting it at the beginning of the next school year and finish before exam season, that'd probably be the best for us all.
@AngryJellyfish @BlinkyBill @furryface12

Dziękuję bardzo! :biggrin: According to Duolingo, I have learned a little over 500 words since starting Polish at the beginning of the competition and I think that constructing the sentences on here really helped me learn better. Thank you to the people who read/encouraged me, especially @Wienerwald for all his corrections and advice. Next step; writing that letter to my grandma.

Na zdrowie! :beer:
(edited 6 years ago)
congratulations to all the entrants. everyone is a winner !!
omg thanks everyone!!!!
but erm

hehehe your stories were very good cheeze :congrats:
Original post by the bear
hehehe your stories were very good cheeze :congrats:

It's an honour to be joint :king2: with u Mr bear :colondollar:
Did you like them? :blush:
It's an honour to be joint :king2: with u Mr bear :colondollar:
Did you like them? :blush:

ofc u haz mad wurd skilz :bigsmile:

Quick Reply

Latest