The Student Room Group

Free the nipples

I don't see why nipples are a big deal. Personally, i find bras really uncomfortable and it's hard to keep up on what fits best etc. I wear bras some days and some days i dont but when i dont i wear nipple covers. It's like an instinct to do so. At school some teachers have gone nipple free but the students would whisper and laugh.... please can someone tell me why?

Scroll to see replies

I believe you have to ask those students why they whisper or laugh. As they know why they do so :smile:
I don't really have a problem with it. They are just nipples??? I don't see why some people find them so fascinating. IMO they are quite ugly.
Ngl I haven't seen any actual reasons against, just stuff like- 'you'll get raped!!!'
(edited 6 years ago)
WTF lmao
Classic copypasta job!

I must agree nipples are as precious as oxygen is at 45,000 feet above sea level! It's hard to live long without them.
I don't like looking at peoples nipples, men or womens :/ it's just weird.
Original post by feministy
Ngl I haven't seen any actual reasons against it apart from 'you'll get raped!!!'

There's no real reason for why we wear clothes other than in the winter when its too cold.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I don't like looking at peoples nipples, men or womens :/ it's just weird.

There's absolutely nothing weird about nipples! Everyone has got them and the only reason they feel weird to look at is because that's what society has taught us since birth.

Testicles, nipples etc are fundamentally in their visual appeal no different to chins, ears and noses.
Original post by The_Mediocre_One
There's absolutely nothing weird about nipples! Everyone has got them and the only reason they feel weird to look at is because that's what society has taught us since birth.

Testicles, nipples etc are fundamentally in their visual appeal no different to chins, ears and noses.

I don't really think they are something to show, for example in certain enviroments I would find them uncomfortable to look at. I wouldn't want to have a topless doctor, teacher or boss. :/
I don't really think they are something to show, for example in certain enviroments I would find them uncomfortable to look at. I wouldn't want to have a topless doctor, teacher or boss. :/

Why? I can't think of a reason other than social programming.
Why? I can't think of a reason other than social programming.

I agree we have been programmed to percieve them that way, but I can't help feling that way . :redface:
I agree we have been programmed to percieve them that way, but I can't help feling that way . :redface:

That's fine!

Only thing is sometimes it's hot outside and your underwear is wedged deep inside of your being, you're testicles are sweating profusely and you just wish humans could drop their "sophistication" so we could walk around comfortably without doing a Rafa Nadal impersonation.
That's fine!

Only thing is sometimes it's hot outside and your underwear is wedged deep inside of your being, you're testicles are sweating profusely and you just wish humans could drop their "sophistication" so we could walk around comfortably without doing a Rafa Nadal impersonation.

lovely:talkhand:
They're sexualised organs. We generally don't parade around exposing things like penises, vaginas, and breasts because they're sexual and will provoke sexual attractions for either gender.

Now you may cry: "oh but they're just natural parts of the body" and you'd be right, but it's still strange. I'd prefer not to have people, male or female, parading their body parts around.

Excuse me I'm obviously just a nazi.
lovely:talkhand:

Too much information?

Imagine how you'll feel when we eventually starting walking around naked.
Original post by Anonymous
They're sexualised organs. We generally don't parade around exposing things like penises, vaginas, and breasts because they're sexual and will provoke sexual attractions for either gender.

Now you may cry: "oh but they're just natural parts of the body" and you'd be right, but it's still strange. I'd prefer not to have people, male or female, parading their body parts around.

Excuse me I'm obviously just a nazi.

You're a victim of social construct!
The thing is eventually seeing nipples becomes the norm!

Sure you'll stare at the more beautiful boobs and nipples but you probably do that already!

Otherwise nipples in general won't be such a novelty.
You fiend! Go suck on a burrito for now. :yum:
The thing is eventually seeing nipples becomes the norm!

Sure you'll stare at the more beautiful boobs and nipples but you probably do that already!

Otherwise nipples in general won't be such a novelty.

People strive to de-sexualise everything these days tbh. Yes some things that should obviously not be sexualised, but I see nothing wrong with nipples holding a level of sexual attraction. Just like how I can see how shaved armpits on females are more atractive than hairy ones :/

If opposite genders wern't attracted to eachother for certain qualities, the world would just come to and end and no one would reproduce. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending