The Student Room Group

Isn't the UCAS system flawed??

Hi,

Wanted to hear everyone's thoughts about the UCAS process as we wait for results.

I do not know which course I'll be studying at which uni, in which city and I do not know where I will be staying... surely this isn't the best way to do it? I can't plan anything until like a month before I go?!
Some of my friends have their place confirmed and know which flat number they're in with the other students and most of us don't even know which course we're doing!
Original post by rndmtngr99
Hi,

Wanted to hear everyone's thoughts about the UCAS process as we wait for results.

I do not know which course I'll be studying at which uni, in which city and I do not know where I will be staying... surely this isn't the best way to do it? I can't plan anything until like a month before I go?!
Some of my friends have their place confirmed and know which flat number they're in with the other students and most of us don't even know which course we're doing!

Whats your alternative? At some stage you have to sit exams and at some stage you get the results.

Its worked all these years am not seeing the problem.

You have a good idea of which two courses you might be doing but you have to pass the exams. If you prepared properly then you are more likely to have done well, thats on you.
Reply 2
After all, there's nothing to stop you or anyone from not applying until you've got your results and having a gap year.
Presumably OP this means you got no offers? What happened? Did your choices not align with your predicted grades?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending