The Student Room Group

I am 60 and voted leave. Young people ask me anything.

Hello I am Margaret (just noticed that I spelt my username wrong!!) My son got me to create an account so I could answer your questions because I am older and I voted to leave the EU. Now I know some young people were not happy that we mostly voted leave while they voted remain so I shall answer your questions!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Maragaret Hewitt
Hello I am Margaret (just noticed that I spelt my username wrong!!) My son got me to create an account so I could answer your questions because I am older and I voted to leave the EU. Now I know some young people were not happy that we mostly voted leave while they voted remain so I shall answer your questions!

The fall in the pound strength is probs my main reason.
What made you decide to vote leave? With hindsight, do you stick by your decision? :smile:
Original post by RoyalSheepy
The fall in the pound strength is probs my main reason.

Sorry, do you have a question?
@qasim_96 My inclination is troll, but they get more original as every day passes.
Sorry, do you have a question?

I was stating my opinion, just because it didn't correlate to yours don't get sarky. Are you happy with the pound strength falling?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by AryanGh
@qasim_96 My inclination is troll, but they get more original as every day passes.

At 60 years old what better than to come onto a student forum and tell everyone what you voted for?
Original post by qasim_96
At 60 years old what better than to come onto a student forum and tell everyone what you voted for?

The choice of platform is one thing, the choice of username however..

What's the EU's position on immigration for those without jobs in the destination Member State?
Which court enforces the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights?
What's the difference between a Regulation and a Directive?

Do you think the EU is more or less democratic than the UK?
Original post by furryface12
What made you decide to vote leave? With hindsight, do you stick by your decision? :smile:

I wanted to take back control of the country including immigration, fishing (territorial waters) and I don't want my country controlled my unelected people in Brussels. Yes I would still vote lave if the referendum was today.
What kind of drugs were you on when you voted leave?
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
What's the EU's position on immigration for those without jobs in the destination Member State?
Which court enforces the EU Charter of Fundamental Rights?
What's the difference between a Regulation and a Directive?

Do you think the EU is more or less democratic than the UK?

Don't know.
Pass.
Don't know.

The EU is less democratic, definitely.
I wanted to take back control of the country including immigration, fishing (territorial waters) and I don't want my country controlled my unelected people in Brussels. Yes I would still vote lave if the referendum was today.

Following your point regarding "unelected people", do you believe in the abolition of the House of Lords? How about the monarchy?

(Moreover, European Parliament- those who "control" the member states- is a constitutionally democratic entity- especially if you overlook the sheer favouritism that was exhibited towards the UK!)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by asmallhooman
What kind of drugs were you on when you voted leave?

I've never taken drugs in me life I did have a glass of wine the night before though!
Original post by Cognition!
Following your point regarding "unelected people", do you believe in the abolition of the House of Lords? How about the monarchy?

(Moreover, European Parliament- those who "control" the member states- is a constitutionally democratic entity- especially if you overlook the sheer favouritism that was exhibited towards the UK!)

I believe in an elected house of lords where we elect people to become lords and sit in the chamber. I love the queen and the royal family.
Original post by RoyalSheepy
I wasn't stating my opinion, just because it didn't correlate to yours don't get sarky. Are you happy with the pound strength falling?

Yes because the pound will eventually get stronger as the euro nears to collapse.
I believe in an elected house of lords where we elect people to become lords and sit in the chamber. I love the queen and the royal family.

What media sources do you frequent?

Spoiler

Why?

Don't get me wrong. Id oppose the abolition of the monarchy, as in my view its better than the alternative of a 'President' type, but in no way 'love' them.
Don't know.
Pass.
Don't know.

The EU is less democratic, definitely.

Given you obviously know next to nothing about the EU, why do you feel it appropriate to vote on the matter?

Why do you think it's less democratic?
Reply 19
How do you feel about the fact we have 5 million of our citizens living and/or working in the EU, who's economic and social prospects are in uncertainty .Also how did you feel about the 360 million a week to the EU misinformed message (actually around 180 through money we get back)Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending