There's life in that rap yet
Original post by JordLndr
Possible new fan
@shameful_burrito @SGHD26716

well I have to see it before deciding.
Reply 142
Original post by AspiringUnderdog
well I have to see it before deciding.

No need. You can take our personalities as a guideline to how amazing it is, am I right?
@JordLndr
Original post by SGHD26716
No need. You can take our personalities as a guideline to how amazing it is, am I right?
@JordLndr
@shameful_burrito

Correct.
Original post by DanB1991
Imagine if a guy walked into a interview and said "I'm going to take 52 weeks off work in about 6-12 months time, due to lifestyle choices and you're going to have to pay for it"...... would you hire them?

can women really do that?

sorry but I can well see why some employers might be reluctant to hire women then. Imagine shelling out a years pay out of your own pocket to someone sitting there at home all day watching loose women....
@JordLndr

Original post by JordLndr
Correct.

eh well I haven't heard of @JordLndr before yesterday and i forgot what you're like @SGHD26716 but is funny.
Reply 146
i forgot what you're like @SGHD26716

Cheers for that
Cheers for that

what do you know about me?
Reply 148
what do you know about me?

You don't post much but you're always helping people out in the study sections.
Original post by ANM775
can women really do that?

sorry but I can well see why some employers might be reluctant to hire women then. Imagine shelling out a years pay out of your own pocket to someone sitting there at home all day watching loose women....

I mean, they're kind of bringing up a baby too.
You don't post much but you're always helping people out in the study sections.

wait wot? I thought that I post a lot. How much is a lot?
Also, I haven't helped anyone out more recently, probably after I had my last exam. Oops
Reply 151
wait wot? I thought that I post a lot. How much is a lot?
Also, I haven't helped anyone out more recently, probably after I had my last exam. Oops

Greater than 7 posts per day.
Original post by Summer15
Stopped reading right here. I don't have children (late 20's) and do not intend to. The problem, which seems to have gone completely over your head, is people like yourself who assume women intend/want to have children. I would hire someone based on their ability to do the job, not on the presence of ovaries or testicles.

It's only assuming if you just simply presume any women would take time off.

What I am opposed to however is banning people asking "are you planning on having children in the next 12-18 months?"..... it's just common sense in my honest opinion that employers wouldn't want to hire someone who is going to go on maternity 'or' paternity leave shortly after joining the company.
Greater than 7 posts per day.

swear I've done like 7 posts just in this thread.
Original post by PQ
Why are you continuing to explain (poorly) something that I demonstrably understand?

If you don't want your gender to come into it then stop explaining something to a woman that a)I have already explained I understand and b) I have not expressed any interest in being lectured on and c) you're demonstrably NOT an expert in.

If your gender isn't relevant then why are you lecturing me about something I understand and not correcting the man who doesn't understand it (who my original maternity leave post was replying to).

Your unsolicited lecture wasn't warrented in the first place and isn't welcome. You're embarrassing yourself and your gender and perpetuating the stereotype of mansplaining.

And you're also perpetuating the stereotype that women think that men A) Can't understand gender politics or B) Have no right to dispute these theoretical ideas with women.

And what did I say that was so wrong? :hi:

You've tried stating how I was wrong and I simply countered your points that I don't agree with your analysis and I actually DO indeed understand how maternity pay works. I was simply highlighting how I did not agree with Summer's statement nor your own.

Instead you fall back on name calling and gender based stereotypes why not simply discuss the issue with at least a ounce of respect.

However due to your inability to have a civil discussion with someone who's opinion differs from your own, I could just go and label yourself as an intolerant feminist who simply can't fathom, that someone with a penis between their legs is allowed to be involved in this discussion.

But wait that would embarrass my gender wouldn't it? :h: I think you need to have a good hard look in the mirror.
Original post by PQ
mansplaining

These days I can't tell if this word is being used ironically or not.
Women love to feel sorry for themselves

like its illegal to pay men and women differently...

but nooooooooooooooooo

EvErI sUxS cOz Im A WHAMEN
Original post by DanB1991
Imagine if a guy walked into a interview and said "I'm going to take 52 weeks off work in about 6-12 months time, due to lifestyle choices and you're going to have to pay for it"...... would you hire them?

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

thankyou

even if 1% of the salary is being paid, why the hell should the employer choose them over a male alternative that won't vanish for any period of time.

Assuming the male and female are equally qualified and useful
There's certain places you don't go as a lone female, for instance id love to go travelling on my own but in certain countries I just wouldn't feel safe.

The biological clock, and the fact that society sees women over 35 as "Past it" whereas men seemingly get more desirable with age (up to a point).

Periods, hormones and childbirth.

Everything else is cool I love being a girl.
Original post by PQ
Mansplain maternity leave to the man who doesn't understand it not to the woman who corrected him :rolleyes:

Imagine using this phrase with any other demographic. "Blacksplaining".

Latest