The Student Room Group

Why do I do this if I like the guy?

The last guy I liked messed me up, I very much liked him to the point I'd want to say I loved him but held back. In the beginning he was the one that was attentive and want to call and so on but as I developed feelings he ended up airing me and not talking to me for days before even sending a message, I tried a lot because I really liked him. Regardless I got hurt and it HURTTTTTTTTT. Also the first guy I let my guards down for. This was over a year ago and I find that once a guy shows some interest in me and I start to develop feelings, I try to get out of the conversation or find ways to make it boring so he'll leave. BUT THIS MAKES NO SENSE IF I LIKE THE GUY. What do I do and why do I do this :colonhash:
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
The last guy I liked messed me up, I very much liked him to the point I'd want to say I loved him but held back. In the beginning he was the one that was attentive and want to call and so on but as I developed feelings he ended up airing me and not talking to me for days before even sending a message, I tried a lot because I really liked him. Regardless I got hurt and it HURTTTTTTTTT. Also the first guy I let my guards down for. This was over a year ago and I find that once a guy shows some interest in me and I start to develop feelings, I try to get out of the conversation or find ways to make it boring so he'll leave. BUT THIS MAKES NO SENSE IF I LIKE THE GUY. What do I do and why do I do this :colonhash:

I don't know.

But if you know you're doing it, why don't you stop doing it?

Unless you're bipolar or something
Reply 2
yeah :frown: like a *****
Reply 3
Original post by SGHD26716
I don't know.

But if you know you're doing it, why don't you stop doing it?

Unless you're bipolar or something

I've tried doing that but it's like a voice in my head is saying it's not worth it and I'm scared he's going to do me wrong like the last guy
Reply 4
I've tried doing that but it's like a voice in my head is saying it's not worth it and I'm scared he's going to do me wrong like the last guy

Next time, ignore that voice.

What makes no sense is why didn't you put a question mark at the end. WHY? WHY WOULD YOU DO SUCH A THING?
Trust issues.
Reply 7
Original post by CallMeSosa
Trust issues.

I think you might be right, sadly.
If you like him, try speaking to him more instead. Don't push him away and establish trust in the friendship before you do anything else.
Reply 9
If you like him, try speaking to him more instead and ignore the voice in your head. Try to establish trust in your friendship before anything else.
Update:

The guy that broke my heart messaged me, do i air him or give him a chance?!
Did you meet in person or was this online?
How bad did it hurt?
bad or really bad?
Original post by em211997
Did you meet in person or was this online?

in person
Original post by Spider man
How bad did it hurt?
bad or really bad?

Really bad, made me hate men for a longgg time
What did he message you? It might be time to draft a loooong reply... or just ignore him forever.
Original post by shawn_o1
What did he message you? It might be time to draft a loooong reply... or just ignore him forever.

After I told him he was toying with my feelings and that I no longer wanted to be more than friends I completely cut him out my life. He would pop up if I posted something to say I looked nice and stuff but I gave dead replies, but he popped up again asking me how I am and stuff and a lot more questions but mainly saying he's going through bad times. It doesn't feel right to ignore but at the same time I dont want to catch feelings for him again.
Well, if you have no interest in helping him out, it would be best to tell him no matter how it hurts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending