The Student Room Group

17 and still a virgin - is it normal?

I'm 17 and I'm still a virgin. I'm bi, so gender isn't really an issue. All but one of my friends have done it, and I feel so left behind and loser-y because not only am I still a virgin, but I've also never ever had a partner and I'm beginning to feel like I never will and I'll be alone forever. So, is it normal to still be a virgin at 17?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I'm 17 and I'm still a virgin. I'm bi, so gender isn't really an issue. All but one of my friends have done it, and I feel so left behind and loser-y because not only am I still a virgin, but I've also never ever had a partner and I'm beginning to feel like I never will and I'll be alone forever. So, is it normal to still be a virgin at 17?

Its absolutely fine. Lose it when you are ready. its not a big deal. There will be many who are still virgins when they get to uni and quite a few still virgins when they leave. Its better if you lose it with someone you want to be intimate with. You only lose it once so choose wisely.
Well if you;re so desperate to lose it, tony is only 0.1 miles away apparently
Don't worry. Its not a big deal. Everyone meets people at all different times of their lives. I was 25 when i got with my boyfriend and had sex for the first time. And i did the same as you when i was younger, i worried. Please trust me when i say its really not an issue and you shouldn't be worried about it. You will meet someone in the most unexpected way.
Don't wary, it is normal, in those ages both situation: to be virgin and to to be a virgin are normal, so just be patient... :smile:
Mate don't worry we all lose It at different times like take me forinstance I lost mine when I was 15 I kinda regret losing it so early tbh so take your time to figure out when you want to have sex 😊
Reply 6
Most women are bi so I am guessing you are a women. If you are a virgin as a girl it puts you above non virgins in the sexual market place. If you are a guy idk go after the pussy.
Reply 7
Lose it when you're ready, with someone you want to lose it to. It's not a race, and there's no pressure to do it. :smile:
Don't worry about it. I'm 22 and still a virgin. And now that i have a boyfriend, he cant even seem to penetrate me. So there's that. But we keep trying!!! I am determined haha
Most people are virgins at 17. It is also common for people to lie about having had sex at 17. So I wouldn't worry about it :-)
Reply 10

It is more than normal. It would be normal if you'd 25 and still a virgin. Don't care of what others are saying. Just try to find the right person to do it with. It would be fantastic if you could find another virgin to do it. You have to do it slowly, learn your bodies. Just don't do it with random person, that would not make you feel better! The best is to start and have sex in relationship!

Yes of course it norm sugaplum! Me an me (bi) freind Mari were just discusting how abnormal it is to hav s*x before mariage!!!!!! (Her christian family hate her cause of her s*xual orientation (it's a secret)) Keep your chin up and disgust it with lads if ur keen for some prime genitalia
(edited 6 years ago)
Oh wow, I didn’t lose my virginity until I was 25, when I got my first boyfriend. Honestly don’t be worrying. Tbh I thought the same as you when I was 17 but obviously time goes on. It will happen when it happens.
Understand, makes you like a freak snd a weirdo, made me attempt suicide once, doesnt look like changing so I'm not sure how to feel anymore
OP, not a big deal, when right person come you will not be a virgin and just be patient until then :smile:

Please don't feel left behind, it will happen. You just can't put a time on these things. I didn't lose my virginity until i was 25. xx

I’m in the exact same situation as you, I’m straight and 17, most of my friends have lost it. I’m still a virgin, I’ve never even kissed anyone lol. Never had a boyfriend either. I think it’s pretty normal to be a virgin at 17. Hopefully uni will bring me some luck :smile:
If you’re still a virgin after you turn 18 just hire a hooker
Original post by anonymous
i'm 17 and i'm still a virgin. I'm bi, so gender isn't really an issue. All but one of my friends have done it, and i feel so left behind and loser-y because not only am i still a virgin, but i've also never ever had a partner and i'm beginning to feel like i never will and i'll be alone forever. So, is it normal to still be a virgin at 17?

no wait until you get married
damn you really see a range of opinions on this thread...

anyway, it's fine and totally normal. I'm in the same situation as you and honestly it doesn't bother me. The boys around me are grim

Quick Reply

Latest