The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Adjustment or clearing if you meet the grades but want another course

I have an offer for ABB, if I were to achieve this but still wanted to try and get other offers could I use adjustment? (Remember in this case I haven't exceeded my expectations)

Also if i got BBB but still got accepted and wanted to still look for other courses could I use clearing or adjustment?
I don't think its allowed,I believe you have to get higher than your grades for your firm choice to get onto adjustment.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by HK4
I have an offer for ABB, if I were to achieve this but still wanted to try and get other offers could I use adjustment? (Remember in this case I haven't exceeded my expectations)

Also if i got BBB but still got accepted and wanted to still look for other courses could I use clearing or adjustment?

Adjustment only applies if you meet ALL the conditions and exceed at least one. So in your example you would need AAB (or better) to go into adjustment.

And if you are accepted then you can't go into Clearing unless you ask your original university to release you (and that can take then=m a while - you aren't a priority).

If you don't want to go to your current offers you should consider asking to released now not later. Otherwise you might miss out on popular courses in Clearing.
Original post by Doonesbury
Adjustment only applies if you meet ALL the conditions and exceed at least one. So in your example you would need AAB (or better) to go into adjustment.

And if you are accepted then you can't go into Clearing unless you ask your original university to release you (and that can take then=m a while - you aren't a priority).

If you don't want to go to your current offers you should consider asking to released now not later. Otherwise you might miss out on popular courses in Clearing.

So just to be clear, I have to reject my unconditional offer (if I get ABB) to access clearing? I did phone UCAS yesterday and my understanding was that I could still use clearing if I achieved my offer.
Reply 4
Original post by HK4
So just to be clear, I have to reject my unconditional offer (if I get ABB) to access clearing? I did phone UCAS yesterday and my understanding was that I could still use clearing if I achieved my offer.

You have to reject your unconditional.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending