The Student Room Group

Overflowing sanitary bins

Do you have a problem with overflowing sanitary bins in your campus or halls of residence

Does it take ages for them to be emptied

Well I have a humanure composting bin that is able to dispose of all your used pads, liners and tampons

So if it takes longer than a week for them to be emptied then why not bag them up and send them to me for disposal

It takes about 10-20 sackloads to produce one tub of compost

If you have any sackloads that you want to dispose of then message me for more details
Original post by Bigalpartydude
Do you have a problem with overflowing sanitary bins in your campus or halls of residence

Does it take ages for them to be emptied

Well I have a humanure composting bin that is able to dispose of all your used pads, liners and tampons

So if it takes longer than a week for them to be emptied then why not bag them up and send them to me for disposal

It takes about 10-20 sackloads to produce one tub of compost

If you have any sackloads that you want to dispose of then message me for more details

Do you donate the profits you make to charity?
Don't make any profits from sanitary waste it's just better for the environment composting the waste rather than going to landfill
Original post by Bigalpartydude
Don't make any profits from sanitary waste it's just better for the environment composting the waste rather than going to landfill

Well that is admirable - do you think/want to develop this into a viable business?
After using sanitary waste companies to take away my used nappies and sanitary waste I saw an article in about a Canadian firm using humanure composting bins to dispose of there sanitary waste,

So I decided to buy a composting bin it saved me lots of money having to pay hygiene companies just to send to landfill

As for being a viable business idea I think it would be useful to nurseries, crèches and households who have large volumes of sanitary waste that they want to dispose of without having to wait ages for them to be emptied

Landfill will be full in next 10-15 years so I think composting could be there next big think and it would solve the problem of 500 million used sanitary waste in landfill

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending