The Student Room Group

Will I need my a-level work for university?

I am packing for university, and was just wondering whether I should keep all of my work from A-levels. My course is in Biological Sciences, and I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and English Literature at A-level.
Reply 1
Original post by hannibalwilleat
I am packing for university, and was just wondering whether I should keep all of my work from A-levels. My course is in Biological Sciences, and I did Biology, Chemistry, Maths, and English Literature at A-level.

i wouldn't bother bringing anything with you tbh
Stash it at home, everything you need will be at Uni.
You may well find that a good part of the first semester is spent reinforcing applicable bits of your A level, before moving on to the heavy lfting, particularly in the second year.

I'd be tempted to keep the chemistry handy - I'm not suggesting you lug all your folders and notes and whatnot with you, but maybe leave it where it can be easily accessed. I certainly remember going back to my A level chemistry notes in my first year just to remind myself of something (probably kinetics!)
I am getting my own house when I move to university so anything I don't take will no longer be accessible- bar from a few trinkets- so should I keep it all just to have it available?
I am getting my own house when I move to university so anything I don't take will no longer be accessible- bar from a few trinkets- so should I keep it all just to have it available?

I also studied a biological style degree. In the first year you'll probably do courses in generic biochemistry, genetics, microbiology, cell biology-those sorts of modules. Really, everything you covered at GCSE will be covered in a whole lecture or two at the beginning of each, so really there is no need. I remember bringing somethings i thought would be useful and never used them. You can always find a textbook in the library to fill in any gaps you may have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending