The Student Room Group

do universities consider achievements close to the application date as phony?

By that I kind of mean, if i lets say started an unpaid internship in a field relevant to my major 3 months before i applied, would unis think that im just doing it for the application and so it wouldnt support my application as much? like does the timing of things like these matter or does it matter that its on my CV regardless of the date?
Original post by shazz_alm
By that I kind of mean, if i lets say started an unpaid internship in a field relevant to my major 3 months before i applied, would unis think that im just doing it for the application and so it wouldnt support my application as much? like does the timing of things like these matter or does it matter that its on my CV regardless of the date?

I think it would be fine as long as you have done it. They judge the whole application. I cant see the difference if you had done it 12 months ago or finished last week.
Someone who had a bit of foresight may do an internship a year before their UCAS application, still did the internship purely to boost their application :P I doubt the time period would matter... I joined the Royal Society of Biology a month or two before I sent off my application, came up in my uni interview, they only cared that I was part of it :biggrin:

If you really think about it, most things we do academically are done with the intention to help with future applications, whether that's next level of education or employment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending