The Student Room Group

HMRC Reserve List, 2017

Scroll to see replies

Yeah , of course . The job is open to EU and other specifications are made .
I wonder though how come nobody else is in this situation ? Nobody left on the reserve list ?
I still am myself from last year. Starting to p me off at the minute.
Original post by marram
Yeah , of course . The job is open to EU and other specifications are made .
I wonder though how come nobody else is in this situation ? Nobody left on the reserve list ?

What were your scores on the interview, cuz they supposedly give jobs in merit order. I got a provisional last month after being on the reserve list my scores were 6 5 5
Well, that's the thing . I'm not on the reserve list , I'm on hold or whatever they call it. I didn't have the interview yet ... I was suppose to have it in April , but it got post poned. I don't think I have any chances anyway. I can't think of any examples of making effective decisions. I don't know ...
It does not have to be a major one. It's all about hitting the points.

You do it all the time,write a few down print of hints. Then get someone to read them and mark against positive marks.
Thank you :smile: I'll try that :smile:
Any more news on this? I've jsut been put on a reserve list for up to 6 months in the blackpool area.
Original post by Chelsea_r2000
Any more news on this? I've jsut been put on a reserve list for up to 6 months in the blackpool area.

I received the same message from HMRC Nottingham last week. It's quite frustrating, unsure whether I should keep at it with the job search or wait around for them to get back to me :confused:
I've been offered a provisional job offer.
Original post by Chelsea_r2000
I've been offered a provisional job offer.

Well done! I'm yet to hear anything back.
Original post by Koeveh96
Well done! I'm yet to hear anything back.

What scores did you get? Don't lose hope xxx
where was this? I'm on the reserve list at preston, scored 6,6,6, still not heard anything and its been 9 months!
Original post by jaz-elizabeth
Hi! It's crazy how long it all takes, isn't it?! It's the not knowing that's annoying! I emailed them yesterday to ask if there was any update on pre-employment checks, and they said that my pack had been sent to the recruitment team and they would update me via email/my online account, but didnt say when that would be!
It's so annoying having to wait around 😔

just wondering, did you get the job? i'm still on the reserve list until december! still not heard anything back. :frown:
9 months for me too, and still nothing!
Original post by jaz-elizabeth
9 months for me too, and still nothing!

three months of waiting to go wheeeey! lol fed up
Reply 55
Hi, just wondering if anyone else is in the same position as me. I applied for customer service representative in Cardiff back in May, did multiple online tests including 2 Maths and 2 English tests, a competency test and then a SIFT test all spread out over 2 months, i was then invited to an interview on the 30th June to which i received a response a month later in July saying that i passed and that they would be handing out job offers over the next few weeks based on strict order of merit.

After a month of waiting i received an apology email for the delay in the recruitment campaign and that they were reviewing business plans to decide how many positions would be available in all locations across the country and i would be placed on a reserve list till the 31st October, on the 6th of October i received yet another email apology stating that the review had taken place but unfortunately they are unable to offer any jobs but will be extending my reserve list until the 31st of January 2018 but it doesn't guarantee that i will receive an offer before it expires.

This has been a long gruelling process and wanted to know if anyone has had a response for the Cardiff positions or if anyone has experienced the same process as me, i'm becoming more and more accepting that it is a dead end but i still have a glimmer of hope but feel anxious about it every day.
Hey Jaz, did you get the job?
(edited 6 years ago)
Yea same situtaion for hmrc preston
Yes same situtation at hmrc preston!
Original post by rebecca_:)
Yeah I'm just waiting for the EO position. Good luck for the DWP...

I'm enjoying the job; have to go the gym slightly more because it's a desk job and I enjoy being active. But that's most things in life I guess :P

Pre employment checks consists of them sending away for a DBS check, you could always call DBS to see if an application has been started. That's what I done when I got desperate! Ha! And then they just look into the HMRC PAYE system to see your job history matches what you said on the application process. Oh, and you fill in a health form and character declaration form.

Can you or anyone else help me with my quandary? On my work history in the application i put down that i was doing voluntary unpaid work from 2012-2015. When it came to providing references i provided 2 paid work references from the last 3 years not to mention 1 personal reference. Do you think they will want a reference from the service i volunteered at? Worrying because the manager who was there himself left in 2016 and it would be hard to chase him up to provide me with a reference if HMRC ask for it. Obviously my time doing volunteer work won't show up in the HMRC PAYE system bcos it was nonpaid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending