The Student Room Group

Texting a guy for the first time and he overshares like crazy

So to give some context I have no romantic interest in this guy - just wanting to make new friends since, you know, fresher's week and all, and the couple of times I've talked to him (1. Pub crawl, 2. at a lecture) I had this "Wow I really wish I knew the guy better!" feeling.

So after the lecture I think, well I might never speak to him again I might as well reach out to him and text him over FB...

Started off nice then he started to speak loads about his life story and it got to the point where it was like "wow it's refreshing to see him speak so openly about this and that but I would quite like to speak too thanks :/"

I'm tempted to brush this off as anxiety? Or just personality? Since in the past I have tended to overshare myself thanks to being nervous. I don't know. He seems to love talking in general (both off and on line!) so maybe this is just him being overly eager... Any other opinions? I don't think he's creepy but the oversharing did put me off slightly.
Reply 1
Original post by dadumplum
So to give some context I have no romantic interest in this guy - just wanting to make new friends since, you know, fresher's week and all, and the couple of times I've talked to him (1. Pub crawl, 2. at a lecture) I had this "Wow I really wish I knew the guy better!" feeling.

So after the lecture I think, well I might never speak to him again I might as well reach out to him and text him over FB...

Started off nice then he started to speak loads about his life story and it got to the point where it was like "wow it's refreshing to see him speak so openly about this and that but I would quite like to speak too thanks :/"

I'm tempted to brush this off as anxiety? Or just personality? Since in the past I have tended to overshare myself thanks to being nervous. I don't know. He seems to love talking in general (both off and on line!) so maybe this is just him being overly eager... Any other opinions? I don't think he's creepy but the oversharing did put me off slightly.

He just feels comfortable around you. As long as he's not delving too much into your personal life that makes you feel uncomfortable, then I don't see anything wrong with it.
Original post by JuicyG123
you know what he wants

What does he want?
hahahahaha if you have to ask, you don't need to know.

Alright. I doubt the dude is after some action since it seems the lady has been the first to initiate contact.
he wants pu$$y tbh
that is exactly why he wants action!?

She wants the action. She has initiated and maintained contact with the lad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending