The Student Room Group

Give me some tips on this situation guys

I like this girl she's in my A-level maths class and she's really good looking and I have a crush on her. I've spoken to her only a few times we've got similar taste in music and I've made jokes to make her laugh. We've never spoken 1 on 1 always in a group. I want to get to now her better but without her finding out I like if there is a chance of her liking me.

Don't suggest the revise together because our free periods are completely different and also she may catch on because I'm the 2nd best in the class for maths so she might think why would he be asking to revise together.
What if she likes the 1st best in the class?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I like this girl she's in my A-level maths class and she's really good looking and I have a crush on her. I've spoken to her only a few times we've got similar taste in music and I've made jokes to make her laugh. We've never spoken 1 on 1 always in a group. I want to get to now her better but without her finding out I like if there is a chance of her liking me.

Don't suggest the revise together because our free periods are completely different and also she may catch on because I'm the 2nd best in the class for maths so she might think why would he be asking to revise together.

the last sentence of the first paragraph should say:

I want to get to know her better without her finding out I like her to see if there is a chance that she likes me back.
Reply 3
Original post by Dr Savage
What if she likes the 1st best in the class?

The 1st best is a good friend of hers so even if the girl I liked needed she would just go to the the good friend instead of me. The good friend/1st best in the class is a girl and I'm pretty sure the girl i like is straight. (She could be bi)
You gotta engage more with her but not to a point where you get friend-zoned. I would suggest talking to her more in general. Maybe hanging out with her during your lunch or break. A good way might be to go outside your school if you're allowed to a nearby shop and ask if she wants to go? That way you can talk more to her and also get to know her friends more. Her friends are your allies so use them.
Don't rush into things - AT ALL!
If you have only spoken a few times - do you really know her well enough to ask her out?
Just because she found your jokes funny doesn't really mean that she likes you back and maybe she sees you as a friend - not trying to crush you, but as a girl myself, situations like this are kinda common and you really have to think from her PoV before you make any serious decisions. At the end of the day, you want to leave with your head held high, so don't make any rash decisions where that might not be the case. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
You gotta engage more with her but not to a point where you get friend-zoned. I would suggest talking to her more in general. Maybe hanging out with her during your lunch or break. A good way might be to go outside your school if you're allowed to a nearby shop and ask if she wants to go? That way you can talk more to her and also get to know her friends more. Her friends are your allies so use them.

Thanks for the help how would I "infiltrate" her group I'm friends with a few of her friends. They just hang out in a squad it'll be a bit weird me randomly popping up.
Those are really good ideas thanks man
Thanks for the help how would I "infiltrate" her group I'm friends with a few of her friends. They just hang out in a squad it'll be a bit weird me randomly popping up.
Those are really good ideas thanks man

Not really. You talk to her friends and become lets say close to them. They are bound to have certain interests as yours. For example, if one does sports, go and do sports with her. Eventually, her friends won't mind you hanging with them and you get close like this. Frankly, I tried this once and it worked out really well. The girl even said she liked me being there. Also, everyone likes a funny guy so just try to make some jokes while you're there. Maybe you will catch her attention this way more.
Reply 8
Original post by y.u.mad.bro?
Not really. You talk to her friends and become lets say close to them. They are bound to have certain interests as yours. For example, if one does sports, go and do sports with her. Eventually, her friends won't mind you hanging with them and you get close like this. Frankly, I tried this once and it worked out really well. The girl even said she liked me being there. Also, everyone likes a funny guy so just try to make some jokes while you're there. Maybe you will catch her attention this way more.

Thanks you helped me out a lot. Hopefully this **** works.
Reply 9

Why dont you want her to find out that you like her?

If you hint that you like her, and she gets the hints, she will do two things.

1. avoid you.
2. flirt back.

so two extremes,

anyway get her FB, message her, and ask her out to chill after school

lol. Sounds dramatic. Good luck with that.
1) Seating plans/group work - get to spend a bit more time together using work as a facade(ish)
2/3) Occasional eye contact - glance and see when she meets your eyes - then does she tell her friends and do they giggle/tease her when you are around?
I constantly tease my best friend about her crush/person who likes her. Use her friends reaction as a way to realise whether she talks about you and whether they know/ship you two.
4)Code Names - does she have a codename for you? sounds stupid but I know a lot of people who do it to avoid being caught talking about somebody/thing, and it is quite helpful during most situations.
5)Snapchat/Instagram - casual convo.
Good luck!
Original post by AppleBlossom5
1) Seating plans/group work - get to spend a bit more time together using work as a facade(ish)
2/3) Occasional eye contact - glance and see when she meets your eyes - then does she tell her friends and do they giggle/tease her when you are around?
I constantly tease my best friend about her crush/person who likes her. Use her friends reaction as a way to realise whether she talks about you and whether they know/ship you two.
4)Code Names - does she have a codename for you? sounds stupid but I know a lot of people who do it to avoid being caught talking about somebody/thing, and it is quite helpful during most situations.
5)Snapchat/Instagram - casual convo.
Good luck!

The seating plan/groups won't work we sit apart due to pre assigned seating plan and there is very little if any group work in maths besides asking the people beside you for work.

I talk to her on snap chat a little I've spoke to her like 5 times once she started it. Our convo inormally starts by me making a joke about something on her story then 5 - 20 min continuous convo

the other things I'll test out

Thanks for the help
Don't rush into things - AT ALL!
If you have only spoken a few times - do you really know her well enough to ask her out?
Just because she found your jokes funny doesn't really mean that she likes you back and maybe she sees you as a friend - not trying to crush you, but as a girl myself, situations like this are kinda common and you really have to think from her PoV before you make any serious decisions. At the end of the day, you want to leave with your head held high, so don't make any rash decisions where that might not be the case. Good luck!

I just saw your comment. Must've missed it. That's why I asked is their a way were I can find out if she likes me or if there is potential. If she doesn't I'll accept it and move on. Is their any tips on how I can tell or anything of help.
I just saw your comment. Must've missed it. That's why I asked is their a way were I can find out if she likes me or if there is potential. If she doesn't I'll accept it and move on. Is their any tips on how I can tell or anything of help.

Umm, I suppose like I mentioned before -her friends - cause they are a telltale sign of whether she talks about you. BTW; I am that person who talked about rushing into things - my account went all weird! Umm... I am not quite sure ATM, I will get back to you tomorrow (hopefully)
Ahh if only i had a ****ing time machine

I am in a similar position too.
Have you tried finding out what kind of music she likes? Find a band or singer and listen to a few of their songs.
Or a film/tv programme? Ask her opinion on cult shows/films (e.g. Game of Thrones/13 Reasons Why) - usually, you get a Marmite opinion (I hate it/ I love it) and start convo from your agreeing/disagreeing opinions.
Start conversations using questions eg. have you heard Charlie Puth's latest song?/What do you think of Westworld?/Have you watched the trailer for BladeRunner? Is Game of Thrones worth the hype? Ask anything 'cause you are guaranteed a response!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending