The Student Room Group

Negotiating with a university on entry

I received a C in an A-level subject and now I am repeating the year to do the other two subjects of which I am expected to get AB. I am wanting to do a University course next year in a science subject and all of the top universities don't accept anything below BBB. I am wondering if it is even worth applying to universities with entry requirements higher than my grade C....? Could I negotiate a deal in the application process????? Like the ones who say BBB... well what if I got ABC with the A in the subject I want to take?? (the C i got is unrelated to the course i want to take). Please help.. :smile:
Original post by fowlere
I....................

You can't negotiate, they make you an offer, you choose if you accept it or not. If you make the offer, you choose to attend or not. If you don't achieve the offer, they choose whether to accept you or not.
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
You can't negotiate, they make you an offer, you choose if you accept it or not. If you make the offer, you choose to attend or not. If you don't achieve the offer, they choose whether to accept you or not.

So I could still apply?
Original post by fowlere
So I could still apply?

The usual advice is to apply to one university that asks for one grade higher than you are likely to get, two at the same grade and one below, and then the fifth place - if you are feeling confident one above, underconfident one below, and otherwise another at the level you are predicted. In other words, cover all bases. You can always use Adjustment or Clearing if your results are very different to your predictions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending