The Student Room Group

Should I do Psychology or Maths A Level for Law

I am hoping to go to Oxford and possibly study law (idk yet) - as A Levels I am currently doing English Lit, Latin, Psychology and Art. (I am in yr 12). I've been told that Psychology is a 'soft' subject and so it will be better to switch to Maths in order to get into Oxford - however I do prefer Psychology. I am confident that I can get at least As in all four A Levels, with Maths being the most difficult. Thoughts? (I'm running out of time to switch, so quick responses would be great)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Do maths
Original post by palmviolet
I am hoping to go to Oxford and possibly study law (idk yet) - as A Levels I am currently doing English Lit, Latin, Psychology and Art. (I am in yr 12). I've been told that Psychology is a 'soft' subject and so it will be better to switch to Maths in order to get into Oxford - however I do prefer Psychology. I am confident that I can get at least As in all four A Levels, with Maths being the most difficult. Thoughts? (I'm running out of time to switch, so quick responses would be great)

If you're more confident in taking psychology, take psychology.
Do whatever subject you're most comfortable doing. There's no point taking a subject you don't want to take for 2 years. Your grades will suffer. An A in Psychology is better than a B in Math.
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/courses-listing/law-jurisprudence?wssl=1
neither psychology nor maths are required so you should do the one you're most comfortable/good at, to get the best grades:smile:
good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest