The Student Room Group

Is Cass a good university?

Hi! I've wanted to ask numerous questions regarding the Cass 'banking and international finance course'?
I've only heard good things and think that to get a job in investment banking, it is an advantageous place to go ahead of some other universities.

Do you guys think Cass is a good uni in terms of future employment and the course itself?
-Sahand
As far as I'm aware of, Cass was known in the city for it's 'part-time' courses. To be honest, if you're looking at banks like GS, JPM, MS, CS, Citi, Barcap then Cass isn't the best place to study unless you're thinking of working in the middle / back office.
Reply 2
Original post by premedmath
As far as I'm aware of, Cass was known in the city for it's 'part-time' courses. To be honest, if you're looking at banks like GS, JPM, MS, CS, Citi, Barcap then Cass isn't the best place to study unless you're thinking of working in the middle / back office.

Do you think studying Economics at Queen Mary will be better?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by sahand79
Do you think studying Economics at Queen Mary will be better?

They're pretty much the same level but if I had to choose one, I'd choose Cass. Cass has a slight edge.
Reply 4
Original post by premedmath
They're pretty much the same level but if I had to choose one, I'd choose Cass. Cass has a slight edge.

What good universities do you think i should go to with A,A,B grades that would help me get to an investment bank.
Reply 5
Hi! I've wanted to ask numerous questions regarding the Cass 'banking and international finance course'?
I've only heard good things and think that to get a job in investment banking, it is an advantageous place to go ahead of some other universities.

Do you guys think Cass is a good uni in terms of future employment and the course itself?
-Sahand

CASS is very well regarded in the finance field, and is a semi-target uni for IB (there are some recent graduates from CASS in this website who work in IB, so check out the IB sub forum). You can check their graduate destination data, many do end up in big well known firms.
What good universities do you think i should go to with A,A,B grades that would help me get to an investment bank.

I'm not sure which universities require AAB but universities like UCL, Warwick, St Andrews would be a better choice. UCL's management course has a pretty low entry requirement as far as I'm aware of but not sure if it's an AAB so you might want to check it.
Original post by kkboyk
CASS is very well regarded in the finance field, and is a semi-target uni for IB (there are some recent graduates from CASS in this website who work in IB, so check out the IB sub forum). You can check their graduate destination data, many do end up in big well known firms.

It's stupid to go to an investment bank for a middle / back office role to be honest. Working as an IB analyst and working as a IT support is hella different in terms of pay and promotion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending