The Student Room Group

Does a conditional offer include any A Levels achevied?

My daughter has received a conditional offer ABB, she already has an A Level in Spanish so does she need to get an addional ABB or just BB?
Offer from Bristol and Spanish garde is A.
Depends on the uni, some require the courses to be done in one sitting some are ok with them to be sat at different times.
Your daughter should email the Uni and point this out - they will then adjust the conditions of the offer to the A levels she is now doing.
Original post by melliottme
My daughter has received a conditional offer ABB, she already has an A Level in Spanish so does she need to get an addional ABB or just BB?

If the wording of the offer doesn’t exclude or specify certain subjects and the achieved A level was declared on her application then technically yes her completed A level grade can count towards her offer conditions.

It wouldn’t hurt to double check directly though. There might have been an error. Make sure she gets confirmation in writing either way.

As is said above - Clarify with them. They should point out whether or not they want grades in specific subjects, but mean ABB in the subjects she's studying this year.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
If the wording of the offer doesn’t exclude or specify certain subjects and the achieved A level was declared on her application then technically yes her completed A level grade can count towards her offer conditions.

It wouldn’t hurt to double check directly though. There might have been an error. Make sure she gets confirmation in writing either way.

Thanks PQ she is on an exchange trip at the moment but will show her these comments when she returns.

Bristol say ABB including German. Nottingham say BB including French or German.
Thanks PQ she is on an exchange trip at the moment but will show her these comments when she returns.

Bristol say ABB including German. Nottingham say BB including French or German.

I’m guessing this is for a language degree then. There’s a strong chance it’s not an error in that case:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
I’m guessing this is for a language degree then. There’s a strong chance it’s not an error in that case:smile:

Yes German and ab initio Russian. Sitting French, German and English this year. Still waiting to hear from the other 3 universities.
Will post the answer when she contacts them, thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending