The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kevin Hodge
Are you okay? :frown: :hugs:

I'm okay. :frown:
Original post by sabahshahed294
I'm okay. :frown:

Feel free to PM if you wanna talk :redface:
Currently doing the mannequin challenge due to not expecting anyone knocking on the door. :redface:

Will msg when I'm free :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
re watched the entirety of my lecture from the other week because i wasnt understanding it so thought i may as well just bite the bullet and try again. Feeling slightly less stressed now as i've written an instruction sheet for myself from the video of the lecture so i'm hoping that i will be able to complete the task on the software now :crossedf::cyber:

That's great! I hope that went well :smile:
Original post by AndrewSCO
Back on TSR to let out about my ever worsening love life.

My best friend who I've really liked for a few months now had told me twice she didn't feel the same way. Until 2 days ago where she said she did but because of her culture and family she couldn't be with me. We met yesterday morning to end our friendship in person but ended up kissing and spending 9 hours together making out and we both said we loved each other. it was such a perfect day. I kept trying to convince her to be with me and go for it but she said she just couldn't. It's been a really hard couple months facing rejection from her twice and when she finally feels the same way it and I get everything I wanted from her it all comes crashing down in heartbreak. Now I will lose my best friend as well because it's just so damn hard. We both want to be together but can't because of her parents and that makes me so upset and angry. I always put myself in these situations and go through these awful periods of getting over it

Aw sad to hear this :console:
It's great to see you again though! :h:
The answers you've been looking for are similar to the ones I'm also looking for and I don't know them so I'm afraid I can't help you there
Original post by CoolCavy
proud that using my instruction sheet i managed to complete the work today, went to the library and they had the software so i tried really hard (and failed multiple times) but in the end i got there. What i produced looked good and considering i havent used the software before i think i did well. It was worth persevering with and i feel better that it is finally done. Feel glad that i went into uni despite feeling awful the night before and still pretty bad today because i was productive and would feel worse anyway if i wasnt productive.

Wow, great going Cavy! It sounds like you had a great day and well done you :hugs:
What course are you doing if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Original post by starfab
Well sometimes it's cool to be different :yep: :lol: Good you at least know some chocolates.
Dark chocolate ofc :tongue:
Awww well be sure to take some breaks from the workload too.

Spoiler

Hmm true, but in this case everyone thinks you're weird if you don't like nutella :lol:
:colondollar: Yep still a fair bit I don't know about chocolates - I guess I can always learn :tongue:

:rofl: Ahhh of course - how could I forget.
And speaking of chocolate - I'll just show you something. So I popped into Costco after agesssssss to get a few things last night and this is what I saw...

Spoiler

Spoiler

:lol: Dw I actually don't mind a busy lifestyle :nah: And I've always got the MMA to release any stress :ahee:

Spoiler

:hugs:I know, it all gets on top of you sometimes, and it's fine, it's natural :yes:
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm really struggling emotionally. I don't know how much more rejection I can take. I really wish I just didn't care, that I could be happy not having friends, but somehow I'm not. All the little things bother me. Being someone's obvious NOT choice of friend when you've done so much for them is irritating. We were literally talking about people being inconsiderate yesterday .. I had tried to hint a bit but she was oblivious.:rolleyes:

To their faces, I act non-pulsed. The last thing I need to act is needy. But inside it really hurts, I am really sensitive to it.

Then HE just ignores me and I don't even try to pretend I'm not needy to him.

I'm ridiculously stressed.:frown:

mate is stalking girls ur only hobby? the thirst is real lmao, bet people avoid you like the plague irl
Well, at least I managed 4-ish good hours of sleep. :yawn:
Surprisingly okay - I'm grateful for my 2 friends; I wouldn't manage college without them :redface:
Original post by JKD359
mate is stalking girls ur only hobby? the thirst is real lmao, bet people avoid you like the plague irl

I stalk girls for banter cause I’m thirsty and don’t drink water. Everyone avoids me cause I’m a creep. Now, would you like to be my next victim? :sexface:
I feel like doing this to someone:

[video="youtube;KdftbYqA_VQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdftbYqA_VQ[/video]

Oh and just in case some random jiggleheaded bloke's wondering, the audio is edited :rolleyes:
(edited 6 years ago)
I give up. I cba to deal with myself.
I'M SO ANGRY.

One of my housemates is really peeing me off. She's 19 but talks like an old woman, calling everybody "my dear" or "sweetie" and always has to have the final say in everything. She says words like "MHHHMMM" aloud and goes "Hey, hey" a lot. So she comes across as very patronising. When I'm around her, I am constantly biting my tongue stop myself backchatting her. Also, she is quite rude and antisocial, never says hi or bye etc.

Now, I could cope with this, but she suddenly become the most inconsiderate housemate. I had no idea she was like this, I didn't notice it in the flat last year. She leaves the bath covered in pubic hairs, the floor soaked and does the STINKIEST poos you could imagine, leaving the toilet with a moisture stain on the seat and sludge on the inside (I'm sure you can imagine what I'm talking about). If I'm sitting in the living room, I'll be able to smell it. I have to open the windows and shut the doors and light candles to reduce the smell. She has covered her bedroom walls with drawing pins, which isn't very considerate to the person who owns the house. Next, she puts these food pots standing up in the dishwasher and they get filled with water and sediment which then leaks onto my dishes below and sticks to them. She leaves the vacuum up on the top floor where her room is, instead of bringing it down so that someone (me) could vacuum our COMMUNAL living area.

And now, the big one. We've got a small yard at the back of the house which I've been planning to sit in and have lots of bbqs in when the weather is better, but ALSO I've been collected cardboard which I've been planning to burn in a bonfire on bonfire night. Well, this girl has suddenly got her own car and, WITHOUT CONSULTING ANYONE, has parked it in our tiny yard. I'm really annoyed and disappointed. There is now no room to do anything in the yard. There's about a metre square by the bins that I could put a chair in. To get to the bins, we'll have to squeeze between the car and the spider infected wall. I don't think there's even enough space to open the gate to get the bin out?

Honestly, I'm disappointed and annoyed. If she'd just ASKED, I would have said yes so long as she moved it out on Bonfire night and when I wanted to sit in the yard.

Am I being unreasonable? Why are people so inconsiderate?
Bored.. no one to talk to
I stalk girls for banter cause I’m thirsty and don’t drink water. Everyone avoids me cause I’m a creep. Now, would you like to be my next victim? :sexface:

lol are u actually doing anything with ur life?
cause it seems to me like ur on here 24/7 white-knighting every girl u see and tryna get some action
and i bet you lock urself away from others irl because ur too busy doing this.
creep is defo the right word for that kind of behaviour
sort urself out pal
Original post by JKD359
lol are u actually doing anything with ur life?
cause it seems to me like ur on here 24/7 white-knighting every girl u see and tryna get some action
and i bet you lock urself away from others irl because ur too busy doing this.
creep is defo the right word for that kind of behaviour
sort urself out pal

I do what I want. Stop crying. I really couldn’t care less what someone online thinks of me. I’m not here to please you.
Original post by JKD359
oooo touched a nerve have I? lmao
but if u couldn't care less what someone online thinks of u then why are u getting so wound up?
got that one right - in fact ur not here to please anyone. the only person u have ever pleased is urself I bet - got blisters all over that left hand no doubt.

but guess I'll leave you to it if ur happy with ur lonely miserable life.

I’m happy with my lonely, miserable life. Thanks for taking such an interest in my life though. Probably the first person to ever do that.
Why am I such a horrid person? :sigh:
Everything I do in an effort to be more social leaves me feeling worse.
I can't bring myself to change. I know exactly what's wrong, but I'm too comfortable. Eventually life will force me into action and I will, with so little preparation and experience, fail.
I'm just such a tw*t and a screw up. Nobody I know likes me and they ought not to. I feel so acutely alone and it's not like I have anything to show for it. Generally those who fail socially have put more time into themselves and get good careers. But I'm just a jack of no trades. I'm sliding inexorably towards catastrophe, and the view isn't even nice, but still no part of me can compel myself to climb. I feel like a bystander, watching an idiot f**k everything up, but I can't stop him.

Latest