The Student Room Group

Full A Level independently in one year

I am currently on a gap year and have decided that I would like to apply for CAO. I got A*AA in my A Levels - Applied business, history and maths. However CAO do not accept applied A levels. Has anyone ever self taught themselves and have any tips, or would anyone have a recommendation about which A level would be the best to study?
Your guess is as good as anyone else's. Pick up an extra curriculum in your choice of study or on what you actually want to do or work in. As for tips buy the text books and just study it.
Go Spain do a Spanish a-level, extra language always looks good.
Original post by mpmp23
I am currently on a gap year and have decided that I would like to apply for CAO. I got A*AA in my A Levels - Applied business, history and maths. However CAO do not accept applied A levels. Has anyone ever self taught themselves and have any tips, or would anyone have a recommendation about which A level would be the best to study?

It entirely depends on you as a student. I'm self studying English Literature full A-Level in a year (Alongside regular sixth form classes for Psychology, History and Drama A2) and thus far I quite like it. It's just a lot of reading and analysis. However, I get feedback on my essays from teachers. And that's a crucial part of Lit.

Something sciencey is a bit more straightforward? You've done Maths and History so either may suit you.

Psychology id recommend. Not too hard, just learning case studies - And if you were to do AQA the textbooks are brilliant. Something to consider.

Quick Reply

Latest