The Student Room Group

Don't know what to do with my life

I'm 17, studying at college for Business Admin but I got no clue what I want to do. I don't want to do what I'm doing but there's really nothing else that I would want to do either. I'm bored of life and I just feel absolutely hopeless. I have no goal or dreams. I feel unmotivated. I'm enjoying college more than I thought I would. I made some great friends who I have a laugh with and I love my class, but I just feel tired and useless. I need a dream but I got nothing.
Reply 1
What do you like to do in spare time? what hobbies do you have? what is your favourite job that you can think of? In 20 years what would you have liked to have accomplished? Do you wish to help people? Do you want to do practical work or academic or more theory?
Original post by Avaia
What do you like to do in spare time? what hobbies do you have? what is your favourite job that you can think of? In 20 years what would you have liked to have accomplished? Do you wish to help people? Do you want to do practical work or academic or more theory?

Pretty much all I do all day is watch TOWIE and kdramas. I play football but it's just a dream that was broken a long time a go for me. I can't think of no job that I'd want to do, apart from owning a little shop but I don't think that it is realistic. I don't know my life seems dead end. I feel like I have experienced nothing. I've never had a proper boyfriend. And I can't seem to make boys like me. It's all girls on my course as well. I met a few boys last weekend and I've tried with them but nothing has gone anywhere I seriously just feel so low at this point.
Reply 3
Original post by nervoussims
Pretty much all I do all day is watch TOWIE and kdramas. I play football but it's just a dream that was broken a long time a go for me. I can't think of no job that I'd want to do, apart from owning a little shop but I don't think that it is realistic. I don't know my life seems dead end. I feel like I have experienced nothing. I've never had a proper boyfriend. And I can't seem to make boys like me. It's all girls on my course as well. I met a few boys last weekend and I've tried with them but nothing has gone anywhere I seriously just feel so low at this point.

Try to do some volunteering? go out and experience random things, there are charities that go abroad on humanitarian missions. You could do an apprenticeship with the army. Just try to research some careers and see what fits. Hell I am 21 and I am only just now starting to get my life plan in order, there is no rush on what you need to do :smile:
Original post by Avaia
Try to do some volunteering? go out and experience random things, there are charities that go abroad on humanitarian missions. You could do an apprenticeship with the army. Just try to research some careers and see what fits. Hell I am 21 and I am only just now starting to get my life plan in order, there is no rush on what you need to do :smile:

Yeah, I was thinking about joining the army a few years ago. Thanks for the advice :smile:
I'm 17, studying at college for Business Admin but I got no clue what I want to do. I don't want to do what I'm doing but there's really nothing else that I would want to do either. I'm bored of life and I just feel absolutely hopeless. I have no goal or dreams. I feel unmotivated. I'm enjoying college more than I thought I would. I made some great friends who I have a laugh with and I love my class, but I just feel tired and useless. I need a dream but I got nothing.

You looking to go to uni? You had a look at courses online? Alternatively, you could look at an apprenticeship. Have a look at some uni courses or apprenticeships online and see what interests you.
Reply 6
Yeah, I was thinking about joining the army a few years ago. Thanks for the advice :smile:

Try this, you select a few things you enjoy from the side panel, then they find a role suited to your likes :smile: You can do almost anything in the army, from bricklaying to a chef to a protective guard or work in the spooky world of intelligence :redface:

https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/
Original post by Kevin Hodge
You looking to go to uni? You had a look at courses online? Alternatively, you could look at an apprenticeship. Have a look at some uni courses or apprenticeships online and see what interests you.

Yeah can't go uni as i dont get ucas points from y course, never wanted to anyway. i was looking to do an apprenticeship before but i dont know. I'll just have to look again i suppose.
Original post by Avaia
Try this, you select a few things you enjoy from the side panel, then they find a role suited to your likes :smile: You can do almost anything in the army, from bricklaying to a chef to a protective guard or work in the spooky world of intelligence :redface:

https://www.army.mod.uk/rolefinder/

ah thank you this is useful :smile:
Yeah can't go uni as i dont get ucas points from y course, never wanted to anyway. i was looking to do an apprenticeship before but i dont know. I'll just have to look again i suppose.

https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeshipsearch

You can use this site to search for apprenticeships.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending