The Student Room Group

Should the burka be banned? convince me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by coolio333
Again, not a black supremacist nor am i troll. What sad person has the time to make a up a lie about their ethnicity and religion. Despite even my age - which you so condescendingly enjoy pointing out - racist and islamophobic people have no care for my age.

As, a POC and Muslim women, believe me i struggle with both common prejudice and blind racism. Lol try walking down the street and see how it feels when almost everyone looks at you like you about to either rob them or hurt them. LOL. So, please return when you Have endured the life of a POC or Muslim.
You probably wouldn't understand :smile:

Someone looking at you is prejudice? This is the daily struggle you endure? I'm going to need a better example than that sweetheart.

You don't know what's in the Quran, you can't spell "Burqa" and judging by your name you're idolising a morally corrupt gangsta rapper who talks about ****ing *****es, taking drugs and committing crime, you're not convincing anyone you're anything but a sad troll.
(edited 6 years ago)
Or...its a huge security issue?? Any individual could wear a burka, commit ANY crime and practically get away unscathed

But of course, its cos we wanna see tiddies
I'm a British Muslim and I'm interested to know as to why many people are strongly for the ban of the Burka?

Before I say anything, I assure you that I have nothing against Muslims (or anyone of any religion for that matter). Personally, I'm an atheist because I think religions are a load of crap (yeah, I know that's blunt but it's my opinion). Other people have different opinions so while I may publicly voice my opinion, I do not persecute or discriminate people for their own beliefs. I was actually one of those to defend Muslims after the occurrence of the Manchester bombings because everybody seems to be branding them all as terrorists, which is largely unfair as it's the extremists who are terrorists, not Muslims in general. While I have nothing against Muslims, I think the burka should be banned, personally.

British people are not allowed to walk around the streets in balaclavas, so why should Muslims get to wear burkas? I have nothing against them but they're in our country so surely them and immigrants should abide by our rules? We would not be allowed to go to Muslim countries without covering ourselves with burkas, which is fair enough because we'd be immigrants. The same applies to the UK. You are in our country so you should live by our rules. We're not allowed to cover our faces yet you're allowed to wear burkas because it's for "religious purposes". I cannot emphasise enough that I have nothing against Muslims...I just believe the burka should be banned to make things fair. That is my opinion and apologies if it offends.

This isn't exactly relevant to anything but when a 16-year-old Muslim goes to purchase scratch cards, the burka is covering her face so you can't tell whether she's actually of age even with ID. As a 16-year-old, I somehow felt the need to use this example.
Reply 23
Original post by mature student
Where in the Quran does it mandate the Burqa (it's spelt Burqa, what's a Burka? Shouldn't a "Muslim" know this) Show us the verse please.

Your names Coolio I noticed, is that referencing Coolio the rapper? Rap and music is forbidden in Islam, boy you're a good "Muslim".

funny thing is i didnt even know "coolio" was a rapper. lol. Clearly your taking the piss now :smile:

Please never question my faith, or my relationship with god. Same, way i wont question how you continue to argue with the said "immature 14 year old", "mature student" :smile::smile:

In the Quran it does state that women should cover themselves. So, if a female decided to wear a hijab or BurQa (basic and common mistake), it is not you or anyone else's business. So, im guessing your clearly islamophobic and believe you deserve even an opinion as to whether i should cover myself or not. lol.
Reply 24
Someone looking at you is prejudice? This is the daily struggle you endure? I'm going to need a better example than that sweetheart.

You don't know what's in the Quran, you can't spell "Burqa" and judging by your name you're idolising a morally corrupt gangsta rapper who talks about ****ing *****es, taking drugs and committing crime, you're not convincing anyone you're anything but a sad troll.

im genuinely laughing, if you dont believe im Muslim or black thats your choice, i have no time to justify the colour of my skin or religion.

"Spoiler" - really im a sad old white guy hoping to create drama.

lol i give up, now i am going to move on with my life because your beliefs will not keep me up at night :biggrin: Enjoy your day, bye bye now sweetheart.
Reply 25
I actually plan on becoming a Muslim once I move out next year. Your guess would be incorrect and uneducated, I never at one point said anything in opposition to the Burqa, I said the Burqa isn't specifically mandated or mentioned in the Quran, which it isn't, and I asked you to show me the verse where the Burqa in specific (note the Burqa, not the act of covering oneself) is mandated. Reading comprehension fail.

First of all, mashallah. And inshallah you go through with your reversion. I no longer have the energy to argue with you, and as a future Muslim. I believe you should keep in mind that in Islam, judging is a sin. So, both questioning my religion and faith was disrespecful.
First of all, mashallah. And inshallah you go through with your reversion. I no longer have the energy to argue with you, and as a future Muslim. I believe you should keep in mind that in Islam, judging is a sin. So, both questioning my religion and faith was disrespecful.

In that case, I apologise. Perhaps we got the wrong impression of one another.
Reply 27
In that case, I apologise. Perhaps we got the wrong impression of one another.

i accept your apology and in return i apologise if i have offended you. Good luck with your reversion :smile:
Original post by FriendlyPenguin
The Nation of Islam (which Muhamed Ali was a part of) was black nationalist and Islamic.

The Nation of Islam is to Islam as the Jehovas are to Christianity, their doctrine wasn't exactly traditional, the NOI even claimed that their founder Warith Muahmmad was god in person which is obviously false.

Islam teaches one to treat everyone equal regardless of race, even Malcom X left the Nation of Islam
Would you leave your child in a classroom with an unknown person covering thier face?

How many terrorism attacks were made by men pretending to be a woman wearing niqab?

Covering face = no identity and that's a huge risk.

From an ex Muslim btw.
Original post by MrsMars
:toofunny: love how you both went anon

:wink:
I personally don’t like or agree with it but then again if people I wanaa wear it and it makes them feel comfortable or whatever then meh it’s their problem they can wear whatever, not my problem.
Yes. Quite simply, yes.

And no, I don't hide under anon.
I’m sorry but why is this even a discussion? No one decides what you wear so why should anyone decide whether a woman should wear the burka or not? Smhhhhhhhhh
(edited 6 years ago)
Black nationalism suggests a superiority complex, how could i of ALL people have a superiority complex.

The whole ethos of Islam is one of superiority. Non-believers are lower than all the animals, even dogs - remember? How could you ignore that?

The veil is a symbol of its wearer being submissive and apart, and when worn in the west is an overt rejection of democratic society and what it stands for.
Burkas are completely fine, I honestly can't understand why anyone has a problem with them.

People wanting to commit crime and cover their faces don't need burkas to do so and virtually never do. It's just a silly argument that literally makes no sense.
Original post by lmaooome
I’m sorry but why is this even a discussion? No one decides what you wear so why should anyone decided whether a woman should wear the burka or not? Smhhhhhhhhh

Because it hides the face? You don't even know who you're speaking to. It could be a man you're speaking to for all you know (which actually has happened)

And before you bring up masks etc, when have you actually spoken to wearing a balaclava?

Theres nothing wrong with anyone of any gender expressing their religion, but if it hides your physical identity then it is a cause for issue
Original post by Anonymous
Apparently because nakedness is the new norm, and the males cannot digest the fact that women who cover themselves do not allow their bodies to be a feast for hungry eyes.

In a country where very few women wear burkas it can hardly be considered modest to wear one as it actually makes you stand out more?

Also lmao at 'hungry eyes' guess what men do have self control even if various religious institutions make it out like they don't have any self responsibility at all (funny how they still get all the power though because that's not a cancerous mix every time...)
The wearing of the burkah in any Western European nation is, for me, a very public and effective way of saying: "I reject, indeed despise, your western Christian nation and everyone who belongs to it".

It represents the very antithesis of integration and should therefore be banned.
If you do the research, you will realise the Quranic term for Hijab is 'Khimar' which comes from the word 'Khamr' which means to cover something so yes it does state to cover yourself up. Apart from the religious pov, I don't see why it should be a problem. A mean it's the individuals choice and if they want to do something, let them do it.

Also for those saying how if they went to an islamic country they would have to wear the Burqa, you're wrong. From my knowledge, only Saudi Arab forces you to wear the Hijab and countries e.g. Qatar, UAE, Kuwait, Morocco etc have no such rule. Therefore, you can go in the street in any clothing you want.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending