The Student Room Group

Is this a good enough reason not to attend a tutorial at uni?

I am studying economics and for one of my modules (intro to maths), we get set these questions each week which we are supposed to do and then bring to the tutorial incase we have any questions. However the teacher that I have for the tutorial for some reason makes us do those questions even tho I have already done them in my spare time. Therefore it is a waste of an hour for me. So recently I have stopped going to these tutorials, but they take a register in them so I was wondering if I get called up by the uni for not attending the tutorials, do I have a good enough reason?
It would make more sense to do them in the tutorial and spend the extra time working on other things
Reply 2
Original post by Sammylou40
It would make more sense to do them in the tutorial and spend the extra time working on other things

yeah I know it makes sense, but the lecturer who is head of the course tells us to them during the week in our own time
I doubt you'll get penalised for not attending. My uni took attendance for some tutorials/lectures but this was only to compare exam/coursework marks against attendance.
Original post by mo501
I am studying economics and for one of my modules (intro to maths), we get set these questions each week which we are supposed to do and then bring to the tutorial incase we have any questions. However the teacher that I have for the tutorial for some reason makes us do those questions even tho I have already done them in my spare time. Therefore it is a waste of an hour for me. So recently I have stopped going to these tutorials, but they take a register in them so I was wondering if I get called up by the uni for not attending the tutorials, do I have a good enough reason?

Well, why not explain this to the lecturer and get him to set you additional, maybe harder, stuff during the tutorial itself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending